Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 15: A Toy Train

This comes as today's blog post because last night, as I was working on my physics project (a bridge design), my dad and I came across the last woodworking project I did for school...a toy car. Now, when I did this back in 8th grade, the project was to create either a design based car or a CO2 car (obviously I did the design option). A few people wanted to work with me on this project, but being the nice person I am...I said no. Not because I didn't want to work with them...but because it would end up being an easy A for them...which I guess means I didn't want to work with them, but still.

While deciding on a design for this car, I went through many different options, but finally settled on a Disney-inspired car...but not just any Disney-inspired car! It would be a design car based on the theme of Toy Story...Toy Story Midway Mania (the attraction in the parks) to be specific. So I set out with some research on what you see in the cue line at Disney's Hollywood Studios...



And after looking through these I decided to include a variety of different toys, including Tinkertoys, a card, building blocks, letter blocks and of course, Scrabble letters. It ended up looking like the picture below. Of course, it won first place in the design contest and amazed pretty much everyone who saw it. It's made up of about 44 different pieces, not including the wheels, and I don't even remember how long it took to make it...but it was certainly a long time. It also showcases 4 Hidden Mickey's, just to keep in the Disney Parks spirit. I'm very proud of the little car, and while there are a couple of things to fix on it at the moment, it shall someday sit in my Disney collection...just in the portion that I've made personally, along with my paintings (In 8th grade I did all of my art projects themed to Disney). 


Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment