Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 314: Confusion

I'll be completely honest. I wasn't going to blog about this. I'm not kidding. This wasn't something I intended to talk about...not here for sure, ever, but maybe not even to other people...a lot of other people. But it just felt right to include it because it's just something that's kind of interesting. An interesting feeling that is.

I'm confused.

Really, really confused. If that's even the correct term, because it very well might not be. You see, for many years as a kid I approached my Disney trips as any kid does: super excitement. Then there was this period where I just wasn't excited about going, and now I'm more like a kid than some kids probably are. I can't wait for my next Disney trip. The 200 days before it go super slow, and then as I approach the last few days I do a countdown and then I can't sleep the night before. I'm glad that excitement is back, I really am.

But the closer we get to my next Disney trip, the one with my High School Band, the more confused I grow about my excitement. I'm excited, really really enthusiastic about it actually. I mean, I'm fulfilling my dream! Finally! I'm going to be able to do something that I thought I would never ever be able to do. But at the same time, I'm dreading this trip.

Yes, you heard me right. I'm dreading a trip to Walt Disney World.

I guess I can't really pinpoint the exact reason why as much as it's just a bunch of different reasons all put together to make me a little less than my normal excited state. Maybe it's the fact that this is a three day thing and I'm used to ten days of freedom and on this trip I won't get to see anything. I can tell myself time and time again that I'm going to be happy if I march the parade and get on Spaceship Earth once and get my picture from Splash Mountain that I want and see Illuminations, but in the end I'm growing frustrated with it at the same time.

As I work my way through Frumpstagram for this month, it has occurred to me that I don't have all kinds of pictures of some things, and one of the things I really want to do in the future is just go around and spend like an entire day taking pictures of things. I could go to different resorts and eat in different places and go to the parks. I could probably spend an entire trip just taking pictures and I still wouldn't have enough probably, because I LOVE posting Disney pictures on my Instagram, even when I'm not at Disney.

But I won't have a chance to do that on my next trip. In fact, the only camera I'll have is the video camera and the camera on my phone. Don't get me wrong, I've taken some wonderful pictures on my phone of Disney World, but I won't even SEE a resort much less have time to take pictures of one that I can later post on my instagram. I've asked to have access to my parents room so I can use the charging for the room instead of having to deal with cash and my credit card all the time...but that means I'll have a key to a room that I'll never even see.

And in the end, I won't see much of anything. Yes, I'll be home, and I try to envision the moment that I'm standing in Magic Kingdom and I feel like I'm at home, but even now I just don't. But the worst part? This trip IS only three days (six total, one non-Disney, two travel), and my next trip after that isn't scheduled until January of 2015.

I won't be going home for a long, long time.

I kind of feel better now, although I'm kind of sad. Good thing I get to go sleep now!

 

I kind of mixed things up for Frumpstagram. Meaning that yesterday was supposed to be today and today was supposed to be yesterday...at least here on the blog. I got it right on Instagram though. I was going to change it but I figured I would just do this instead. The prompt was "Monorail Monday," so you can see how this is now confusing, but I have to say that I'm running out of Monorail Pictures too...see how this all relates into today's post? 

Here's today's Disney History: 2010: Songwriter Alan Menken receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in a ceremony that takes place near Disney's El Capitan Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard. He is being honored for his large body of work, which includes the scores to the animated movies The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Pocahontas. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on November 14 due to time commitments).



No comments:

Post a Comment