Sunday, July 20, 2014

Day 566: Thunderstorms

There aren't many things in life that I absolutely HATE, but thunderstorms? Yeah, that's one of them.

I can't really pinpoint WHY I hate thunderstorms, and in all reality there's no logical reason as to why I should hate them or be afraid of them or whatever. It's just...I do. I absolutely HATE thunderstorms. I mean, the only thing I really can come up with is my love of the Wizard of Oz as a kid and the stupid tornadoes at the beginning that apparently instilled some outrageous terror into me that still lingers today, since if there's one thing I hate on this earth even more than thunderstorms and planes and buses and everything else put together, it's tornadoes.

But as I sit here trying to get work done on Operation Last Week of Summer (because in all reality, it's August 18th as I'm writing this. Not July 20), my window is cracked and the soft pitter patter of rain along with the stupid booming sound of thunder is ever present. And I'm here all alone. I hate thunderstorms...but I hate them even more when I'm alone during them. Especially when the weather box goes off to tell me there's a severe thunderstorm warning for south of here. At least it's not for here. I can calm myself down a little bit.

I texted Megan about my fears just now, about how the thunder is coming in and GOD I JUST SAW LIGHTNING and how I really hate storms, but being the super awesome person she is, she had a response for me, and I very much approve.

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but some time ago on Instagram one of my fellow Disney Geeks mentioned something and I'll never be able to look at thunderstorms the same way, or at least won't be able to now that Megan mentioned it again. They mentioned that whenever there's a thunderstorm they just pretend that they're riding on Living with the Land at Epcot...and it occurred to me that this is pretty much the most BRILLIANT IDEA OF ALL TIME.

So now I'm just going to pretend I'm on a boat going through the rainforest or past some buffalo as a fire rages on because of a lightning strike or...maybe not that second one. But the first one for sure. Sitting in the Land at Epcot sounds a lot nicer than sitting here in my bedroom all alone trying not to freak out while I also attempt to get work done. Yes, that sounds great.

If you need me I'll be learning about our delicate ecosystem. Thanks.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 18).

No comments:

Post a Comment