Sunday, June 26, 2016

Day 1273: Meet Goose


I'm definitely a dog person. I always have been, ever since I was really little and carried stuffed dogs with me around Walt Disney World. And yet, somewhere along the line, I ended up with cats, and lots of them. Barn cats are sort of like rabbits...they just sort of keep increasing in number, and then after a while some of them die off and then it bounces back again and, well, you get the idea. Currently, we have more than we've had in years, although that may have something to do with the eight kittens that currently call our front porch home.

Since one of my goals this summer was to do more photography, which I haven't really done a lot of in the past few years, these kittens were the perfect opportunity to work on some of the new techniques I'm trying. The only problem is they're pretty fast moving, so catching them for a clear shot isn't always the easiest thing to do. Still, I got a couple of good pictures, and while we wait for the youngest kittens to get old enough for decent pictures, meet Goose!


Goose may not be the most conventional name, but I've come up with a lot of cat names over the years, and because she's the only girl in a litter of three, and because her two brothers are both orange and look fairly identical, she got her name from our nickname for the three: Duck, Duck, Goose. Honestly though, she's pretty lucky. Of the cats we have right now, seven of them don't have names. Now, five of them are rather small yet, so names won't be given until we can actually tell them apart, but there's a couple of older ones that have been around for quite some time now. Like this one: 


Where his siblings Kylo Ren and Lassie got names somewhere along the line, he didn't, and honestly I just can't come up with a name. You can only name cats after Disney characters for so long before you run out of names, so instead of trying to come up with something myself I figured I'd see if anyone on the internet has an idea! 

So let me know your ideas for a name for him in the comments below! 

Have a magical day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment