Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 1029: What We Wear

If you've been following for a while, you know can probably tell that I spent a good amount of time thinking about my wardrobe. When I completely revamped my entire closet a couple of years ago, I made it a priority to incorporate color and pieces of clothing that could be used for outfit after outfit, especially in regards to DisneyBounding.

And yet, when I was trying to figure out what to wear to the Twin Cities Film Festival, I looked in my closet and realized that I had absolutely nothing to wear.

Which led me to thinking about the important outfits that have been a part of my life...or rather, the outfits I was wearing when really important things may have happened. For instance, we did have my outfit from the Twin Cities Film Festival, which consisted of a midi tule skirt from Charlotte Russe, a plain black long-sleeve shirt, some killer heels (really...they killed me after seven hours of wearing them), and a little bit of Hook flair in the form of a Hook necklace (Colin, I hope you appreciated that touch!)


But even before that, there have been some outfits that will forever live on in my memory as "the outfit I was wearing when this happened." Here are a few more examples: 


This was definitely an important outfit of my life...after all...it's how I got on Buzzfeed! 


I don't think I realized back in 2013 just how much one red leather jacket would impact my life. Honestly, I think after I got that jacket, that's when the OUAT world really started to turn into a complete whirlwind. I'm so thankful for everything that red leather has brought me, from roommates, to TCFF, to meeting tons of awesome people at D23, and right back to my own living room where I sit every Sunday awaiting more Emma Swan. 


When I picked what to wear to Alton Brown's show, I knew completely that I was picking something that I'd look back at for a really, really, really long time. I'm still happy with my choices, and I wear that outfit pretty frequently.


My Hook outfit doesn't really hold any importance, but I just like it. So it's on this list. 


I really enjoyed this DisneyBound back in the day...and it just so happens that this was the outfit I was wearing when I found out that my High School Band would be performing at Walt Disney World! 


And finally, I just have to include my Epcot gear, because this stuff, especially the sweatshirt, has gotten me through a lot of important life events. It's definitely still one of my favorite pieces of clothing, and it comes on every Disney trip with me...because a trip without the Epcot Sweatshirt would just be wrong. 

Do you have any important outfits in your life? 

Have a magical day! 


(Note: This blog post was written on December 1...because college).

No comments:

Post a Comment