Friday, June 30, 2017

Day 1642: Oral Surgery

Don't get too freaked out about the title of this blog post, I promise it's not as bad as it sounds (although if I'm being honest, it's not like it was a walk in the park either). 

As some of you may know (although probably not), when I was somewhere around age 12, my brother cut me off while we were outside riding our bikes. My front tire hit his back tire, and so I went flying, hitting my front teeth square on the pavement and cracking them completely in half (along with a bit of a third tooth). I had double root canals the next morning and have had crowns on my front teeth ever since. 

Which means that since the above experience, I've never really been a huge fan of dentists or dental work (even though my dentists are lovely people). Unfortunately, over the past few months, I've been dealing with some significant pain above one of my front teeth, and when I brought it up to my dentist at a tooth cleaning a few weeks ago, they took some X-Rays only to find that, yep, I'd need surgery. 

So in to the oral surgeon's I went on Wednesday, much to my dismay, and along with fixing the issue in the roof of my mouth, they went ahead and took out my wisdom teeth as well (which were causing entirely different issues). I'm pretty thankful that they did it all in one sitting, just because it meant I only had to go under anesthesia once, but at the same time, I've now got several areas of heeling going on in my mouth. Really fun, huh? 

Therefore, my days have been spent sitting on my couch with ice on my face on and off, watching mostly TLC because I typically don't have to pay attention to it to know what's going on (plus, sometimes watching the drama of women trying to find their wedding dress is the prefect distraction when your face is numb). I've been existing mostly on a diet of broth, jello, and sweet potatoes with the occasional ice cream alternative (yay lactose intolerance) or smoothie...meaning that I'm incredibly hungry for literally anything other than what it is I'm actually allowed to eat. 

However, the healing process seems to be going well. I do occasionally feel a bit off, but for the most part I'm doing alright, as long as I take it easy and don't over-exert myself. It does give me plenty of time to plan blog posts and DCP Roommate gifts and work on other projects that I've been putting off for weeks though, which is probably good for all of you! I did just want to give everyone an update on how I'm doing and give more excuses as to why there aren't blog posts popping up continuously on the blog! I'll be back to work full-time soon though...and then it'll be off to New York for a week soon too! 

Now, if only I could figure out what I really want to put on my DCP Bucket List...

Have a magical day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment