Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 1362: Which Three?


The latest craze to sweep across social media led me to more than a few nights on intense pondering. Describe yourself in three fictional characters? Only three? How are I expected to sum up a lifetime of identification with television, film, and literature characters by picking only three? Plus, platforms like Twitter and Facebook don't really give me the space to go on and on about why these characters are obviously me. 

Luckily I have a blog and readers here to ramble on to, right? 

Emma Swan of Once Upon A Time


This probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone, although I must say that over the years it's probably more of me becoming Emma Swan than Emma Swan ever embodying who I was. Regardless, today Emma Swan and I share a number of characteristics beyond our wardrobe of leather jackets. We're absolutely both confident, but are haunted by inner demons, and that's something that has really proven true this year. We tend to want to run in tense situations, but often stay because we know it's the right thing to do. Also, Emma tends to claim she's not sentimental when in every reality we know she totally is, and while I probably don't want to admit it, my room probably speaks the same for me. 

Leslie Knope of Parks & Recreation


Of the three characters on this list, Leslie Knope is probably the character that embodies me the most. My friends comment that I'm no where near as obnoxious as Leslie is on a daily basis, and they're right. I'm usually not that obnoxious...on the outside. Truth be told, I regularly have ridiculous ideas and schemes and words that, unlike Leslie, just don't come out. But that doesn't mean I don't think them. And it also doesn't mean that Leslie's upbeat, high-spirited, dedicated personality doesn't mirror my own. 

Rapunzel from Tangled


This character trio certainly wouldn't be complete without a Disney character thrown in there too, and while there are tons to choose from, I just kept coming back to Rapunzel. Tangled spoke to me in a way no Disney film ever has before, and Rapunzel had a lot to do with that. The way she so eagerly follows her dream, is a bit naive while pursing it, and is just a bit over-dramatic about everything is pretty much an embodiment of me. Plus, the fact that her hobbies so directly line up with mine probably isn't a coincidence either - baking, cooking, reading, painting, playing guitar, and the list goes on! 


So there you have it, the three fictional characters that best describe me, as according to me. There were more than a few runners up, including Tiana for her hard work and love of cooking, Kathy Selden from Singin' in the Rain because on stage we're pretty much the same, Hamilton from Hamilton because we both write like we're running out of time, and also a bit of Monica from Friends because as much as we'd both like to deny it, we have OCD tendencies. 

Now, if I could just find Captain Hook or Flynn Rider or, better yet, Ben Wyatt...

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment