Monday, January 2, 2017

Day 1463: Disney Resolutions


I may already have most of my New Year's Resolutions figured out, including the one I shared yesterday to actively write a blog post a day for Everyday Disney, but the resolutions don't have to end there. This year I've got several resolutions, all of which I created based on things I've tried to do or have partially already nestled into my life. In other words, instead of going cold-turkey on a bunch of different resolutions, I'm taking works in progress and making resolutions to fulfill them in completion. My resolutions aren't the full point of this blog post though. 

It may be January 2, but that doesn't mean it's too late to figure out a few last minute goals of your own for 2017, and in the spirit of all things Disney, here are just a few Disney-Inspired Resolutions! 

Be More Like Tiana - It's probably a good idea for me to throw this one in here specifically because it's a bit of my own resolution for the year. Tiana is incredibly dedicated to her work, and while we all need to dig a little deeper to find out what really matters, working towards our goals with everything we have is also important! So be more disciplined with your work this year, find your focus, and then create the best work you possibly can! 

DisneyBound More - I definitely recall the days of my sophomore year when DisneyBounding was a huge part of my life. That year, I continued my Once Upon A Time DisneyBounds, participated in the March DisneyBound challenge, and definitely had more than a few outfits planned for my Disney trips. However, in the past couple of years, I've gotten a bit out of the habit, and I think DisneyBounding more often is a great resolution for us all to bring a bit more Disney into our daily lives! If you need inspiration, you can check out the official DisneyBound website by Leslie Kay! 

Follow Your Dreams - Have you ever had a dream like Rapunzel? My guess is that you have. Make it your resolution this year to follow that dream, and then, if you complete it, find a new one! This is definitely something that I'll be working towards this year with applying to work at Walt Disney World, so come on and dream with me! 

Be Healthy - This one's pretty typical for a New Year's Resolution, but let me tell you, it's never been so easy and so Disney. Check out The Healthy Mouse, created by Jessica McDonald, where you can find a wealth of wonderful suggestions for clean-eating recipes that are both delicious and Disney inspired! Since joining a Facebook group filled with Disney fans dedicated to clean eating, I've been more motivated to eat well and find health in my own life, and it all started with a look at Jessica's blog!

Join a new Disney Community - Speaking of Facebook groups, I've loved becoming a member of several internet Disney communities over the past few years, whether it be on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. These communities can get you excited for your upcoming trip, give you new ideas for what you can experience in the parks, rave with you about how much you loved the latest movie, or just offer general support, and there are a ton of them out there! Jump in and join the discussion! 

Watch All the Disney Movies - I've been working on this for years and I'm still not past Winnie the Pooh, which is only roughly halfway through the lineup, but hey, it's still a great goal! This year, make it a resolution to watch all of the classic animated films we grew up with! 

Exercise More - I think this one can be completed rather nicely by heading to the parks for an extra trip? After all, where else would I consciously walk over 15 miles in one day for fun? And of course you'll have to prepare for all that walking by exercising at home to get accustomed, so really, it's a great resolution! 

Eat More Churros - Or not? 

As you can see, there are plenty of Disney inspired resolutions to take on as we head into 2017, and I want to know what your resolutions are! Let me know in the comments below or on the Everyday Disney Facebook page or other social media! And while you're there, you might as well give them a follow, which will make it easier for you to catch upcoming posts as I work on my own New Year's Resolution of blogging right here! 

Have a magical day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment