Sunday, August 7, 2016

Day 1315: Little Golden Book


As a Disney fan, my collection of random Disney items is starting to fill my shelves faster than I can make space for new additions, and ultimately I'm just going to run out of shelves period. While this doesn't really slow down my collecting, I have a mental list of items that I declare as "If I See It" pieces, meaning that yes, I'd love to own it, but I don't need to buy it. So instead, if I happen to see a copy of it, I'll pick it up and add it to the collection, but if I don't, that's alright too. 

The Little Golden Book on Everything I learned from a Disney Little Golden Book (confusing, I know) was one of those items. My mom had a copy gifted to her a while back, and lately everyone in the Disney community seemed to be picking up a copy, and since I loved Mom's copy, that meant that it was about time to get my own Little Golden Book. 

If you aren't familiar with the Little Golden Books, they're a popular series of children's books that many of us read as kids. I had a few myself, now long gone I'm sure since, well, I haven't been a kid for quite some time, but this particular book takes everything to a new level. This book simultaneously offers fresh inspiration for children and a new generation, and gives all us adults a serious case of "the feels" as we cope with our lost childhood learned through reading. 

In particular, I love this book because it features not only some of our favorite classic lessons from Little Golden Books of the past, but also current films with new artwork, including Frozen, Monsters Inc. and Tangled. It brings a new meaning to some of the themes of films old and new, and honestly, it's just a wonderful book to have around when you're having a bad day. It's the perfect length for a quick motivation session or cry about the past, and there aren't many things that can accomplish both of those these days. 

If you haven't found your own copy of Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Disney Little Golden Book, what are you waiting for? Unless, of course, they're on your "if I see it" list. If that is the case, I found my copy at the Grand Floridian. ;) 

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment