Monday, August 8, 2016

Day 1316: Carrying the Load


After 20 years of flying between Wisconsin and the Orlando International Airport, I've become quite the expect packer. I can quickly fill my suitcase with everything I might need for a trip to Walt Disney World, and my carry-on doesn't take much longer. In fact, I've become so good at packing that I've managed to get everything from numerous mugs to candy apples home without a problem, and getting my luggage to and from the airport isn't much more difficult. 

As I headed to Walt Disney World on my first solo trip this past July, I fully utilized the expertise of bell services at multiple Disney resorts. Since I started my trip at Coronado Springs, I picked up my own luggage from the airport for Magical Express, and then entrusted it to the bus driver before seeing my suitcase again at the resort. A few days later, I was ready to transfer to Old Key West, and I was introduced to some of the real magic Bell Services works every day. 

On the morning of my move, I did exactly what my mom said I could do, and took my suitcase to Bell Services at Coronado Springs. After explaining to them that I was transferring to Old Key West, both my suitcase and my carry on were sent away, and I headed to Disney Springs for the remainder of the morning and early afternoon. 

Since you have to transfer at a Disney Resort if you're going from Disney Springs to a park, I figured I would stop back at Old Key West on my way over to Animal Kingdom, especially since I had a notification that my room was already. It'd only been a couple of hours, maybe two or three, since I dropped off my bags at Coronado, but when I checked with Bell Services, my bags were magically already there! Then it was off on a golf cart with one of the cast members to bring my luggage to my room. 

And of course, I got a golf cart ride back up front for airline check in the day I was leaving, which allowed me to check my luggage right at Old Key West and not worry about it again until I returned back to Milwaukee. 

The point here is this: Bell Services at Walt Disney World is a huge advantage of staying at a Disney Resort. While there are bell services at other hotels and resorts, there's something about trusting a cast member with your bags. The personal touch of knowing which cast member is responsible for getting your luggage from your Disney Resort to the airport, and the simplicity of not worrying about any of it as you gallivant around the parks and make the most of your visit. 

So thank you, to all of the cast members that work for Bell Services. You make our lives so much easier and our trips much more magical!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment