Sunday, July 10, 2016

Day 1287: Don't Get Sick


A word of advice: If you're traveling, try your hardest not to get sick. 

Unfortunately, I ended up doing just that, contracting some minor food poisoning on our very first day. I somehow managed to get us to Colorado Springs, but by the time I got there all I wanted to do was sleep and stay in bed...and not eat anything. Ultimately, I spent the majority of the trip suffering from the food poisoning, forcing myself to eat whatever bland food I could find, and urging myself to continue enjoying my trip despite the fact that I wasn't feeling 100%. 

Thankfully, it was just minor food poisoning. so I was able to continue going about my trip...although I definitely had to stop to take extra breaks and spent one entire morning in the hotel room while everyone else headed to the top of Pike's Peak. Really, the best thing you can do when you're sick like that is to just stay in and get some rest. It'll mean less time before you can rejoin your family and friends, and also allow you to enjoy more of your vacation. I didn't have much of an option, since we were changing hotels everyday and never spent more than one night in the same place, but by keeping hydrated, getting enough sleep at night, and taking more frequent breaks, I got through the trip just fine. 

And while I took my breaks, at least I had the mountains to keep me company! 

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment