Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 1304: National Youth Event


I suppose that if we're going to discuss my most recent trip to Walt Disney World, I should at least touch a bit on why I was there. 

You may know that, despite the fact that much of my life is displayed in the open between my blog and my videos and my social media, I try to keep a lid on a few aspects of my personal life - religion included. There's a reason for this, really, and it has everything to do with the political, judgmental world we live in. It's easier for me to keep a wrap on what I believe than it is to control arguments and views that could arise if I went into all the details. 

I am, however, fortunate enough to have headed to Walt Disney World to volunteer for a National Youth Event for the United Church of Christ, which brought 3000+ youth, youth leaders, and family members to central Florida for a five day conference. Usually the event, which is held every few years, takes place on a college campus, but this year they decided to make use of the conference center at Coronado Springs, and it just happened to work out that I'd be able to go. 

So I spent four days volunteering for the Youth Event, providing help in the office, assisting with registration, answering questions about Walt Disney World, and chaperoning on off-property service workshops. The conference gave me the opportunity to connect with people from all over the country, and as though getting to spend a week at Disney isn't enough, I actually had a lot of fun at the Youth Event. I think the best part, at least for me, was to see so many youth together, all trying to accomplish similar goals, and they were doing it at my favorite place in the world. 

And I don't know about you, but that seems like magic. 

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment