Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 735: Characters

Throughout my lifetime, I've met my fair share of Disney Characters, but my family was never too big on stopping by to meet them, especially if it meant standing in line to do so. But since my friends were along on this trip and we had a day that worked perfectly for meeting characters, I planned it all out so we could meet pretty much as many as possible.

We started the trip with two character meals, one at Garden Grill, where we met Pluto, Chip, Dale and Mickey, and then the next morning at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian, featuring Mary Poppins, Alice, The Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. Character meals were pretty common for my family throughout the years, but once we were finished with those and actually headed out into the parks, we had a chance to meet character after character, and here are a few of the highlights:

Cinderella: 



As the first of the Princesses we met, Cinderella was absolutely sweet. She commented on our outfits, brought Rapunzel into our discussion (as she had snuck over from her side of the room), and suggested that my brother would make a fine prince for her stepsister. Of course, we had to go visit the stepsisters the next day, just to meet his Fiance. 


Rapunzel: 

It was with my favorite Disney Princess that we had plenty of wonderful discussions, particularly about men with Hooks. Rapunzel warned us all that men with Hooks are up to no good and suggested we stay away from them...somehow I doubt that'll happen.



Anna & Elsa: 


After over a year of 2 to 8 hour wait times, we finally got our chance to meet the sisters, and you have no idea how excited I was. With Elsa, she complimented my dress, saying it reminded her of snowflakes (awesome because I was Disneybounding as Elsa!) and we asked her to help us end our eternal winter in Wisconsin. Although she couldn't help us out too much, she promised she'd try! And with Anna we found out that her favorite kind of sandwich is Peanut Butter and Chocolate, so now we're all obligated to try it! Also, shoutout to the cast member who took selfies with my phone! 



Peter Pan: 


The following day we went to meet Peter Pan, who not only loved my outfit (I was Disneybounding as him that day!), but also told me that should my crew become unhappy, as I am the captain, they might try to overthrow me and appoint someone new captain! 


Mulan: 


With Mulan in China, we all got to become warriors, and honestly I just love this picture and that's basically the main reason for having her on the list, although she was really sweet and signed a special postcard for us too! 


Belle: 


Also at Epcot, we met Belle, who also signed a special postcard for us. After she looked throughout autograph books, she noticed that we met Gaston, and then went into a story about how she gave him a mirror as a present for Christmas, just so he can admire himself all day long!


Aladdin & Jasmine: 


Although we waited almost an hour for them, I think this was probably one of my absolute favorite meet and greets of the trip. Both Aladdin and Jasmine were just plain great, and when they noticed the nickname on one of our postcards, they launched into a whole conversation about it! They were honestly really great, and that's coming from someone who's least favorite Disney film is actually Aladdin! 


Indiana Jones & Marian: 


I can't leave these two out either. In June, for the first time, we had the chance to meet Indy and Marian, and of course we came back for a second time this trip, only this time we also got their autographs! That's right, I have Indiana Jones' autograph. What now? 


This is only scratching the surface of all the characters we met this trip, and I'm pretty sure I'll go find more characters in the future, although something tells me it won't be quite as fun without Megan and Ashley along for the ride! Don't worry though, those autograph books will be completely filled someday! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 12 due to the Disney Trip!)

No comments:

Post a Comment