Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 731: Year 3

So...2015?

You know, back in 2013 when I began this blog, it began a lot like it is right now. Those first few posts were actually prewritten by a few days, just as this one actually is (I'm currently writing on December 30). But that doesn't mean anything bad. It simply means that once the new year arrives I'm going to be so busy that I know already I won't have blogging time. Instead, I'll blog now and get things ready.

Why? You ask, am I going to be so busy? And what's this big announcement I've been talking about in numerous blog posts? What in the world could I be planning for 2015?

Well, for started, I'm headed to Disney in promptly 2 and a half days. 3 days from now I'll actually be IN Florida, having what will hopefully be (knock on wood) another wonderful Disney vacation. This means that I'm not going to be around for the first 10 days of the year, or so, as our trip runs from January 2 to January 10. Therefore, the earliest I'll be back is the 11th (and that's pretty likely considering my current schedule). Those 9 blog posts between this one and when I return will be, as always, about my trip, and I can't wait to share everything with you once again.

However, that's not all.

Two years ago I made a New Year's Resolution to blog every single day for a year about Disney, and last year I made that same resolution. Well, we're starting the third year here, and I feel pretty comfortable in my ability to write (or at least make up!) a blog post a day for every single day of the year. That means that it's almost silly to go through and say "I'm going to blog every day for 2015 and that's my New Year's Resolution."

No, I needed something new, and after a lot of thought, an idea finally came to me. I've got a pretty good presence on Instagram with my Disney pictures, and I honestly DO love the social media, so it only seems natural for me to take this all to another level, right? I mean, 365 Disney pictures? I've got THOUSANDS.

Inspired by various Disney Photo Challenges on Instagram (many of which I've done in the past), I've created the #EverydayDisneyChallenge. It's run monthly, so you can choose to join for January and then skip February or even play with me for the entire year. It's up to you! But on my part, I'll be posting a picture a day on my Instagram (there's a link on the sidebar if you need it, or you can find me under epcotexpert as usual), all of which will have to do with one of the Disney Parks. The months are themed and I tried to make it as varied as possible, and while there is a chance that a day or two will change between now and the end of the year, I can guarantee that it won't be by much.








At the end of each month I'll do a post sharing the Instagram pictures from that month in one giant post, just because trying to include them daily here gets a bit difficult.

But that's the new New Year's Resolution, and I know that this is definitely one that I can handle. I'll still probably throw in some other Disney Photo Challenges throughout the year, but I do encourage you to join me, using #EverydayDisneyChallenge so I can see your photos as well!

Welcome to Year 3 everyone, and have a magical New Year's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment