Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 759: Into The Woods

No, I still haven't seen the movie.

That doesn't mean I don't want to, because believe me, I really, really do, but another production of the musical happened to be going on in my life at the same time, and I wanted to see it done on stage before I saw it in the theater.

St. Norbert College Knight Theatre did their own version of Into the Woods this weekend, and it was definitely a wonderful show. Considering the fact that, previous to the performance I attended, I hadn't really seen all of the show, it was really interesting to see how the stories intertwined and how, unfortunately, everything worked out in the end. Now I'm listening to the film soundtrack because it just felt wrong to be writing a blog post about a musical without listening to the music from it.

On the note of music, I'm honestly not quite sure what my favorite song was or who my favorite character is. I really enjoyed the Jack and the Beanstalk storyline, but I'm probably bias because my friend played him in the version I saw the other day, and the same goes for Prince Charming. When you know the person it just makes the whole character better. As for songs, I really love Agony, but who doesn't? The princes are just so darn entertaining! And then there's "Your Fault," which I love just because of the constant back and forth between the characters. It takes a lot of attention to keep everything straight.

And as a lover of fairy tales, the entire show and plotline is extremely interesting. After "Hello, Little Girl," my friend whispered to me asking if I understood the innuendo and I was like "Well yeah, of course I do" because I spent a solid two weeks talking about Red Riding Hood in class a year ago. The first half of the show is very classic when it comes to the fairy tales, and then the second half really starts to play with them all, which I love just because that's what fairy tales are all about, changing them around and retelling them with a new message.

All in all, I loved the show and can't wait to see the film, after which I'm sure there will be another blog post talking about how much I loved Chris Pine.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 31 due to a busy schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment