Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 738: Weather Extremes

People often say that Wisconsin weather changes by the second, and I suppose they're right. We can go from 80 degrees to 20 in just about a day, with rain, sleet and snow all mixed in between that. It's crazy and ridiculous and really windy from time to time, but honestly, I'm starting to think that Florida might rival my home state when it comes to weird weather extremes.

As you can see at the beginning of the trip, it was pretty warm. We were all wearing shorts and tank tops and a cardigan here and there for the cold of the early day and night, as you can see here in this picture of me outside of Victoria & Alberts:


But by the end of the trip, even my leather jacket and multiple layers wasn't enough to keep warm:


By the last day of the trip, I was wearing a total of six layers and was still cold as I headed out in the morning. 

And people say Wisconsin is crazy. 

In fact, during the middle of the trip, Florida was actually under a hard freeze warning, which apparently means that it reaches the 30's in Florida, and while that seems silly to me, sitting in my College Library as the outside temperature is barely in the teens (it was below zero while we were gone), I was absolutely freezing while in Florida. It only takes a day or two to be adjusted to that warmer weather, and once you are, there's no going back! 

Originally, I was going to bring my winter coat, as temperatures around Christmas were in the 50's and 60's, but things grew warmer and settled in the 80's, right where it was for the beginning of our trip. It was all great until the end got back into the 50's, and everything was just COLD! Granted, by the time we got back to Wisconsin, I couldn't really feel my toes when I walked outside, but still, next time I'm listening to myself and bringing my coat. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on January 12 due to the Disney Trip!)



No comments:

Post a Comment