Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day 730: Another Year Gone By

The end of the year is always kind of a time to reflect on things, right? I mean, after all, we reach it and realize that we either have or haven't accomplished what we intended to 364 days ago. We think about the trips we've taken, about those we've gained and lost, about the incredible experiences we've had and the wonderful things that have happened. People write letters at Christmas as a way to tell others how their year has been, and my family isn't any different. We wrote ours weeks ago, back when I was still at SNC. I thought about writing a "Christmas Letter" as a part of Everyday Disney, just as a sort of blog post on here, but it occurred to me that Everyday Disney in itself IS a Christmas letter. You can go back through 2014's posts and read about all those experiences and thoughts I've had since January 1. You can read through 2013 too if you really want to, although to be completely honest, unless you're really bored, I wouldn't recommend that.

But wow, two years of blogging. I know I've grown a lot in these past two years, in many more ways than one, and I can't even begin to express how this blog has helped me through all of that. I was actually just thinking a couple of weeks ago about how much happier I am right now compared to what I was a year ago, and even Everyday Disney shows that. Reading my TimeHop every single day is sort of comical, simply because you see my tweets to the Once cast, all with no responses, and then all of a sudden, sometime in the next few months, you'll see something click and my social media will take off, both on Instagram and Twitter. The same will happen for my vlogs on YouTube and, of course, here on Everyday Disney, and I definitely have all of you guys to thank for that.

Why you'd read about my daily life and Disney every day, or every once and a while even, I'm not really sure, but seriously, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for sticking with me through these past 730 days. I can't wait for another year.

Which gives us a minute or two to reflect on the past year. My biggest dream came true this year. I got to march down Main Street U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom, and I got to bring my best friends right along with me. How incredibly awesome and amazing is that? There aren't even words there, although you all know that I've written plenty of them on the subject. That band trip is still a huge part of my life as I finish editing the band trip video, and I'd like to take a second to thank all the support I've gotten from my friends, family, teachers and Disney in the process of dreaming about, auditioning for, planning for, participating in and continuing work on that trip.

Beyond that, I'd like to thank the entire cast and crew of Once Upon A Time. It's blatantly obvious in my posts that OUAT has become a HUGE part of my life in a very short amount of time (although I have been watching since the beginning of the story). Without OUAT I'm not sure where I'd be. It's been my constant, it's brought me something to look forward to, and I'm sure there are people out there who have figured out that the cast has basically brought me endless joy with their favorites, tweets and mere presence in my life. Plus, there are the friends that I've made through the show, and I absolutely cannot wait to meet some of you in the coming year!

And now, I noticed in the last post of last year, that I happened to mention a quote from the very first post of Everyday Disney, and I thought I would share it again: "But since I don't have many (or any really) other New Year's Resolutions, why can't this be it? Instead of planning to lose weight, eat better, read a series of books, learn how to bake or cook an entire new series of foods, or even write a story (something I am currently doing in my free time already), I am going to do this. I am going to write a blog, called Everyday Disney, which for 365 days, I will write a post a day, or at least put something on the blog in order to keep up with the days. I really do hope that I can accomplish this, because as it appears right now, I love the look of this blog and the idea that it holds, and I hope that you do too, since I would love to have some people follow and chat with me along the way, so that I can share my extreme love of Disney with everyone around me.

Thank you, and here's to a magical year, filled with endless possibilities and new frontiers!"

That idea is definitely still alive, even long after day 365. It's crazy to think that in this next year I'll hit my 1000th blog post, I'll have two huge Disney trips to talk about, and there's plenty of surprises around every turn (including a new New Year's Resolution that will be revealed TOMORROW)!

So, here's to 2014, and what a wonderful year it has been!

Have a magical day and a very happy new year! See you in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment