Saturday, December 13, 2014

Day 712: A Long Day, A Clean Room

Cleaning always takes forever, there's no doubt about that. But I guess I don't really mind cleaning, or laundry or doing the dishes. We think I might be alright with this because I didn't really have chores to do as a kid. My family just didn't have that aspect. No we're not spoiled, it's just how things were. We all have our own ways of doing things, so having us all try to do them made things really complicated (it's the reason I do my own laundry now. It's more organized the way I like it).

My room, for the last how many months (AKA Since I left for College in August), has been a complete mess. The most I do there is sleep, and having a dorm room has made me a bit more OCD than maybe I'd really like. So having a messy room that I'm in all day was just getting on my nerves. Meaning that the day after returning home from college I took it upon myself to clean my room and reorganize everything until all my boxes were unpacked and everything looked normal again. It took a while, but I finally got it.

And what exactly helped me with this endeavor? Disney Music. Lots and lots of Disney music, among other things (like Taylor Swift and Christina Perri). I have this playlist of Disney Movie Music that I can sing along to while I work, from all over the board. In fact, here's the playlist (in list form, I'm not going to find links to all the songs. That would take forever!)

1. Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
2. Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast)
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Look Through My Eyes (Brother Bear)
5. Welcome (Brother Bear)
6. On My Way (Brother Bear)
7. Touch the Sky (Brave)
8. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah (Song of the South)
9. Whistle While You Work (Snow White)
10. Chim Chim Cher-ee (Mary Poppins)
11. Once Upon A Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
12. The Gospel Truth/Main Title (Hercules)
13. Go The Distance (Hercules)
14. Zero to Hero (Hercules)
15. You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! (Dumbo)
16. The Work Song (Cinderella)
17. The Second Star To The Right (Peter Pan)
18. Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat (The Aristocats)
19. Heigh-Ho (Snow White)
20. Out There (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
21. He Lives In You (The Lion King 2)
22. When Will My Life Begin (Tangled)
23. Mother Knows Best (Tangled)
24. I See the Light (Tangled)
25. Strangers Like Me (Tarzan)
26. Arcade Finale (Wreck-It Ralph)

If you're going to ask me about lyrics from a Disney song, I'd start with questions about this list, because I know pretty much all the words to the songs listed here. Aside from that, there are a few others, but these are the big ones. These are basically some of my favorite Disney songs period. That's a huge honor, right?

Now...my room is messy again, with laundry to put away and things to clean up...so I'd better get back to work.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 26 due to finals & holidays). 

No comments:

Post a Comment