Thursday, December 25, 2014

Day 724: A Very Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone (even if this post is a few days late, technically!)

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year. No, scratch that, it is my favorite time of year. Christmas is just brilliant, and I love every second of it. Except for when I have so much work to do that I'm more worried about that than anything else, but that's not in the spirit of the season! So let's hear about the good things that happened this Christmas:


It's always a great Christmas present when one of the Once Cast favorite your tweet to them! On Christmas Eve I happened to wear the dress I have deemed my "Marian Dress," since it's the one I wore for my Marian Disneybound, and I tweeted that fact to Christie Laing, only to get a favorite in return! Definitely a great Christmas Eve surprise! 


Also on Christmas Eve, I have to mention that my absolute favorite part of Christmas each year is singing Silent Night by Candlelight in Church. Earlier in the week we thought that the candles might have been ditched for battery operated versions and I just about had a panic attack. Thank goodness this turned out to be false and we got to sing by candlelight as usual! 



I didn't get many gifts this year, simply because I'm going to be getting a new alto saxophone sometime soon, but my parents did get me Idina Menzel's Holiday Wishes CD, which is pretty darn awesome. Not pictured is the Ninja Blender I got from my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins. I freaked out about that one. 


Christmas also gave me the perfect excuse to wear my Olaf sweater, which I'm super hyped to wear at Disney next week! Olaf is pretty cool, after all. Oh, and no pun intended there. Or maybe it was intended...who knows? 


It also seems that it can't quite be Christmas without Indiana Jones in our house. I checked my TimeHop later in the evening and noticed that in the past few years, we always seem to watch Indiana Jones on Christmas Day. I have no clue how this started or why we keep doing it, but I have no complaints! 


But as I posted on Instagram and Facebook, my favorite Christmas present came six months ago (almost to the day), when I fulfilled my dream of marching down Main Street U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom. I couldn't have asked for a better gift! 

However, I really didn't enjoy this year's Christmas Day Parade, so let's just forever listen to the opening number from last year because Neil Patrick Harris is just the best: 


Have a magical day & Merry Christmas!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 29 due to Holidays and Computer Issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment