Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Day 723: Michael Jackson

Considering the fact that I've been blogging for quite some time and just recently posted that one about the music (as in two blog posts ago), I'm still listening to Michael Jackson music. And by Michael Jackson music, I mean I have "We Are Here To Change The World" on repeat at the current moment. I doubt it's going to change until after this blog post is finished for sure either.

Here's a bit of an ironic story for you though:

Back when Michael Jackson was alive, I really wasn't a fan. Granted, I didn't really even know about Captain EO back in those days and up until his death, I didn't even really know much about him. So when he died, I wasn't super affected. It was the return of Captain EO to the Disney Parks that MADE me a Michael Jackson fan though, and while I'm not a fan of Captain EO itself (I don't really like the simulator feel), I am a fan of the film itself and the music. Plus I can do a pretty darn good moonwalk, so there's that.

However, there's one other thing that really made me a Michael Jackson fan. A few years ago I read from "From Dreamer to Dreamfinder," the book by Ron Schneider, and I loved it. More importantly, in that book there's a section where he mentions that Michael Jackson loved coming to Disney World, and in particular he loved the Imagination Garden at Epcot.



It just so happens that this same garden is one of my personal favorite places at Epcot. It's beautiful and calm and you can't get over catching those jumping fountains. When I read in the book that this was MJ's favorite location, I just kind of felt a little bit of a connection there, and it led to me loving Captain EO and MJ himself more than I ever had before.

So let's just all watch this and listen to the song a million more times:


Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 29 due to Holidays and Computer Issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment