Monday, December 29, 2014

Day 728: 2014 - Part 2

As I do every half of the year, I have a post where I talk about my personal favorite blog posts from half of the year. I do one for each month and doing it every six months just keeps the posts a bit shorter and everything easier for me to manage. I did it during 2013, and I continued the tradition here in 2014!

If you want to read the 2013 favorite lists, you can find the first half HERE and the second half HERE.

As for the first half of 2014, just click on this link! 

And so, let's take a look at my favorite posts from the second half of 2014!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014: Day 561: Basically Famous




Does it really surprise you that my favorite post from July comes from one of the best birthday's I've ever had, all of which is due to one particular Irish man who happens to play my favorite character on my favorite television show? Yeah, it shouldn't surprise you in the least. My tweet from Colin O'Donoghue is framed, has been shared multiple times over various social media and has been talked about many, many times since July here on Everyday Disney. I'm still reminded of it from time to time (when I'm not already smiling at it sitting on my shelf at college), as there are STILL people favoriting the tweet. Creepers.

Saturday, August 30, 2014: Day 607: The Facebook Tradition



Maybe it's because I'm on the brink of another trip, and that means that after six months my Facebook will once again change, or maybe it's because it's just one of those weird traditions I have that I absolutely love, but the blog post in August on the Facebook Tradition is definitely one of my favorites, more because of the topic than the post itself. It's also one of the topics that I made up in October or something because I was so far behind and the idea for the post just suddenly hit me. 

Now I'm just thinking about what my new cover photo and profile picture will be. 

Wednesday, September 24, 2014: Day 632: Seagulls



Just as it's not everyday that Colin O'Donoghue tweets you Happy Birthday, it's not everyday you make Jennifer Morrison crave a churro. September was an especially good month for me in the world of Tweet Collecting, with one retweet (and instagram repost!) from Jennifer Morrison and two favorites from her during #101Smiles. I can't even express how much happiness that brought me, and even now it helps get me through the day...when I'm not craving churros. 

Thursday, October 23, 2014: Day 661: A Blue Star Candle



Here we have yet another Once Upon A Time themed posted, and you know, I'm sort of sensing a theme here. Anyway, this one happened to be a huge project for me one evening, clocking in at over two hours of work. So maybe it wasn't the best idea to do the entire Once Upon A Time 30-Day Challenge in one blog post, but I have to say, it's pretty impressive looking back now. Plus, it was Emma Swan's birthday! I felt like I needed to celebrate! 

Monday, November 10, 2014: Day 679: Colors of Disney



This is one of the more fun blog posts I've done this year, if you ask me, and I'm definitely planning on doing a new edition of these color palettes once I return in January with new Instagram pictures. Plus, it'll fit right in with the theme for 2015 (still secret for everyone except a few inside people!). I love Instagram pictures, and I love color, and gosh, I just can't even express how much fun I had with this! 

Thursday, December 4, 2014: Day 703: The Door of Encouragement 



Throughout my college career so far, I've been blessed to have extremely wonderful roommates, and I can't wait to see what the next semester and upcoming years have. Of course, I'm also a huge fan of our Door of Encouragement, filled with inspiration and color to inspire us when we need it most. Plus, I'm pretty excited about the new additions that will be coming in the second half of the year, and I bet I'll have to share a new picture of the door when it's full at the end of the year! 

Thursday, October 30, 2014: Day 668: Melvin



And now it's time for the first of two bonus posts! Melvin has been a great addition to our college lives, and you know what? Mevlin's going on a really big adventure this January, since he's home with me for J-Term. Plus, you have to admit that his little costumes have been pretty adorable. Although I'm a huge fan of all of them, I do think this Captain Hook one was my favorite, more because of the boat in the back and that hat than the fact that he was Captain Hook. Just wait until this next semester - Melvin's got plenty of new costumes to come! 

Sunday, November 16, 2014: Day 685: Lizzie Watches Her Vlogs


And for a second bonus post, I had to include this fun post I did in combination with my Twitter back in November. I really don't watch my vlogs often once they're edited and posted to YouTube, but I definitely think this will be happening again in the future. After all, watching all my vlogs is basically like watching a really long, really weird movie, so why not!?! 

So there you have it...the second half of 2014. It's honestly been a really great year, but guess what? I get to save all that mushy stuff for the last post of the year. Big announcements are coming, and I couldn't be more excited! Thanks for joining me for another year of Everyday Disney and if you fancy, you're more than welcome to go back and read my all-time favorite blog posts throughout the past two years by using those links at the beginning of this one! 

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment