Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 552: Half of 2014

Every half of the year brings something new, aside from almost 200 days of blog posts, making it the perfect time to stop and go back through all of them and pick out a few favorites. I've done this twice before, once last July, which you can find HERE on Day 182, and once more at the end of the year, found HERE on Day 363. Basically, I pick out one blog post from each month as my favorite and then make that into a whole new blog post to celebrate another half of the year gone by. It's odd to be doing this for the third time though. Where do the days go?

Sunday, January 26, 2014: Day 391: Colin O'Donoghue

January wasn't a terribly interesting month, as it turns out. I mean, my parents went on a trip to Florida, but mostly I spent my days sitting at home watching How I Met Your Month (I watched 8 seasons over my month break from college and I'm not terribly proud of it). But January does bring the birthday of one of my favorite actors! You know, I made the OUAT Meme Post a few months later, and for the longest time I was certain that I had the following GIF on that post. I was wrong...but I found it again.

I present you with: Colin doing the funky worm (yes funky. There is no other kind).


I wished him a happy birthday that day, and little did I know that months later he would do the same thing for me (although technically in order of posts, that hasn't happened yet. Check out July 15, 2014 if you haven't gotten that far so you can understand what I'm talking about). 

Wednesday, February 19, 2014: Day 415: Disney Deja Vu


I can't believe that was only in January, as it feels like it was a lot longer ago than that. It feels like this post should be included in 2013, not 2014. Either way, back on February 19 I led an exciting discussion about how air, train whistles, open windows, construction, saxophones and wind ensemble reminded me of Disney in some very odd ways. It continues to happen in my daily life, and I believe that somewhere along the line there was a second Disney Deja Vu post, simply because I find new moments where my life just feels like Disney all the time. 

Thursday, March 20, 2014: Day 444: Magical People


Smack Dab in the middle of my March Disney Trip, I included a post about all the wonderful people I had the incredible opportunity to meet. Not going to lie, I was very fortunate with coming across people I knew or wanted to meet in March, from Flynn Rider to Maxwell Glick!


Monday, April 14, 2014: Day 469: The Jolly Roger


I'm including this post not as much because it was a wonderful post as much as because it always makes me laugh. I was going through the hundreds of pictures that have been featured on this blog (which thankfully they're in chronological order!) and there's this section in the middle that's just Hook, Hook and more HOOK. Why? Because that one episode of OUAT where I took like 100 screen shots. Yeah, I did go a bit overboard. 


It was an emotional episode. 

Tuesday, May 13, 2014: Day 498: The Memes of OUAT


I know, I know, we're getting really OUAT heavy here, and I get that. I really do. In fact, I wasn't going to even include this one on the first half post, but I just had to. I mean, seriously, I think this page is almost always up on my phone because I go and find the memes from that page so I can send them to people from my phone. 

I'm trying to decide which Memes to include here and even that's hard...alright, we'll go with this one: 


Granted, does it really surprise you that so many of these feature OUAT? I mean, after all...



Wednesday, June 25, 2014: Day 541: A Dream Come True


I won't lie. I'm pretty sure that of all the blog posts I've written, this was not only one of the most difficult, but also the most important. It might be the most important blog post I've ever written, period because it was about the most important day of my life. I can say without a doubt that there's not a day I've been happier than June 25, 2014, because that was the day I got to march down Main Street U.S.A, the day I got to show my best friend Magic Kingdom, the day I got to fulfill my lifelong dream and the day that five years of very hard work finally paid off. 



There were certainly a lot of moments leading up to and following that day that made it seem like maybe it wasn't everything I'd hoped, and there's always going to probably be a significant part of me that denies any of it ever happened, but it did, and therefore it's on this list. I wish I could relive it over and over again, and while maybe I can't quite do that completely, I certainly can reflect back on the best day of my entire life. 

Friday, June 27, 2014: Day 543: The Final Trip


I always throw in a bonus day at the end of these posts, and this one was pretty easy to pick. The SHS Band Trip to Walt Disney World was my fifth and last adventure with the group, and I certainly wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, no matter how difficult some portions of it became. I learned a lot from the entire experience, and it changed my life, as you'll know from the last one I shared, Day 541. 



I do find it funny though, the fact that that trip lasted a total of 6 days, but by the time everything was finished I had wayyy more than 6 posts, simply because there was just so much that happened during those few days. And of course, more important than anything else, it spurred the decision for my two best friends to return with us to Walt Disney World in January, and I could not be more excited for that. 

Thank goodness there's a whole other half a year before the next one of these posts (although since I'm writing this in October, I'm really only two months away from that. Goodness that's scary!) 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 30).

No comments:

Post a Comment