Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 571: Disney Convert

One of my proudest accomplishments in life is the fact that I've basically converted my friends to Disney addicts. The way I figure it, there are different terms at play here, at least in my vocabulary. A Disney addict is just about anyone actually addicted to Disney, whether that be the parks or movies or both. But then there's the Disney Convert, which is a personal who grew up enjoying Disney but was influenced by an external force to become a Disney addict.

I am that external force.

I guess I'm kind of like a teacher. Megan and I say that she's been taking my class for ages, and at this point I probably could teach about five or six college level classes just on Disney things, from animation to films in general to Walt Disney himself and the theme parks (probably individually) and then throw in Once and you've got a whole semester of classes. She's taken all of them, whether she wanted to or not, and has the highest scores.

And then there's Ashley, who I also influenced to be addicted to Disney. We have conversations just about every day about how we just want to go to Disney World and so on and so forth. It's kind of nice, having people to share my excitement with once again. That doesn't happen to me very often, since I generally am stuck being excited all by myself.

But I have most certainly converted them to Disney addicts, at least I think so. Maybe they're not quite as crazy as I am all the time, but they'll get there. Plus, once we get closer to the trip (and Megan and I finish with this semester and can sleep normally again), things are going to get more exciting than ever.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 28).

No comments:

Post a Comment