Sunday, July 13, 2014

Day 559: FAQ

I figure it would make a lot of sense to just have a page for this sort of thing, but at the same time the answers are constantly changing. I'm constantly changing, an idea that I'll explore in a different blog post (because let's be real, there are apparently countless numbers of those things). But there are a lot of questions out there that probably concern my blog, and since I have space in my making up of blog posts from this year, I might as well talk about a few of them.

1. How Many Times Have You Been to Disney World? Disneyland?

As of right now, I've been to Walt Disney World a total of 25 times. Yep, 25. How old am I? 19. It's a lot, I know, but I'm happy with it. Plus, not all of them were super long trips, and not all of them were simply family vacations. There's a lot of other factors coming into play. I've also been on two Disney cruises (included in those 25 trips since we would visit WDW for a couple of days previous to the cruise) and to Disneyland once. I'll be headed to WDW again in January of 2015 and out to Disneyland for a second trip in August 2015!

2. Why Everyday Disney?

I'm sure I've answered this question several times, but it's probably still a question for some people, especially those just beginning to read. I've spent years trying to start a blog and nothing stuck until I made a New Years Resolution to write a blog every single day about Disney. Now, a year and a half later, I'm still wondering what in the world I was thinking, but at the same time I'm glad I made that decision. It brings a lot of joy into my life to be honest.

Regardless, the idea behind Everyday Disney is just that: there are moments in our everyday lives where Disney comes into play, whether we want it to or not. Sometimes that means a Disney movie marathon with our roommates, a trip to WDW or something as simple as a cup of CaptainSwan tea. No matter what, all of these things DO relate to Disney in one way or another, and it keeps my life interesting to say the least. Especially when I get super far behind and have to go back and think about 100 ways Disney's been in my life over the past few months.

3. These blog posts seem out of order? Why?

You see, this past June I was REALLY busy. I went on a trip to WDW with my High School Band, and previous to that spent a huge portion of my time preparing for that particular trip. In addition, this summer my internet at home basically died, meaning that it became very difficult for me to write a daily blog when I could barely get the website to load. So I took a month off...or more like three months.

Now it's the end of October and I'm still catching up. Blog posts take a while to write and come up with topics for and gosh, it's quite the job. But I'm slowly making them up (I'm actually about 16 posts away from being completely caught up...and I'm set on reaching that goal before the end of the month). Blog posts aren't necessarily posted in order, unless you read them through my Google+ page, although if a post was written or published on a day other than the one it's "written for," there's a note about that at the end of the post.

4. Disney? You only blog about Disney?

Yes! Yes I do!

But you see, Disney is actually a really wide range of stuff. As I mentioned earlier, Disney blogging can range to anything from the films to the parks to television shows on Disney Channel or ABC, my favorite of which is Once Upon A Time. Even if I just blogged about attractions in Disney parks, one a day, I'm fairly certain I could fill up an entire year of blog posts, and movies could go on for quite some time too. Plus, don't even get me started on OUAT. I have entire posts dedicated to actors, characters, the show or just episodes. Seriously...there's some interesting comments about Captain Hook, I'm sure.

5. How do you keep going?

This is a weird question, simply because I'm not really sure at all. Blogging isn't easy, that's for sure. It's a pretty big commitment if you do it right, including social media and the actual blog posts and responding to comments and everything else. However, I honestly think the number one factor is that you have to like doing it. If you don't like blogging, don't do it. If you don't like writing, don't do it. Once it becomes a chore, it's not worth it anymore.

Granted, here I am sitting at my desk at college with a cup of coffee next to me, notebooks scattered all over my desk and post it notes lining my bookshelves as I frantically attempt to finish catching up from the summer, so maybe I'm not the one to ask. Right now it seems a bit like a chore, but deep down I know it's not. I'll be very proud of myself once I finish these last 16 posts, and that's when it'll all be worth it.

This blog post is long enough already, but if you have questions about Everyday Disney or just questions for me in general, please send them in and I'd love to answer them. They can be about writing or blogging or Disney or life in general. Just keep them appropriate...because if you don't that's a sure fire way to NOT get an answer back! Respect is important everyone!

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 29).

No comments:

Post a Comment