Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 565: Food Trucks!

I follow a whole slew of different TV shows, but it isn't often that there's one my brother and I love to enjoy together, and by together I mean that we have to watch it at the same time or we don't watch it at all. The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network is one of those shows. So of course when it was announced that Food Trucks are going to be a more permanent thing at Downtown Disney, we got pretty darn excited.

I don't really know why we started watching the show, but it's definitely one of our favorites, and I'm pretty sure that we have a silent pact that we can't eat at a food truck unless the other person is with us, at least the first time. That's right, my brother and I, who are obsessed with Food Trucks, have never actually eaten at one. We're weird, I know.

But for real, how adorable are these food trucks? There's four Disney trucks, which will hopefully be taking up long term residence at Downtown Disney, and honestly I don't know which one I would end up eating at. Probably all of the above.



There's the Namaste Cafe Truck, which is inspired by the flavors of Asia, specifically known as the Animal Kingdom truck, and gosh the food sounds delicious. Then we have the Superstar Catering Truck, with dishes inspired by Hollywood Studios (can someone get me the Margarita Flatbread and deliver it? No? Darn.) The Fantasy Fare Truck is, obviously, inspired by the one and only Magic Kingdom and gosh I just need ALL OF IT. And finally, the World Showcase of Flavors, and if you can't figure out that this is Epcot themed then you need help. Gosh though, Sliders, Pierogies and Gyro...I'm hungry and I just ate dinner.

But really, someone please get me some of this food, because you can bet that if these trucks, and others, are around when I'm there in January, I'll be making a pit stop!

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 18).

No comments:

Post a Comment