Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 556: The Dangers of Tumblr

Social Media can be really helpful, and I really honestly love it. One of my favorite things about Tumblr is how completely honest everyone is. There's like this wall built up around a lot of people...a wall of no judgement because a large portion of the accounts there aren't necessarily seen by the people we share our lives with. That's a nice relief, especially when you spend a good portion of your time reblogging GIFs of Hook and Emma.

But Tumblr can also be an incredibly dangerous place. There are a lot of things on Tumblr, yes, and that includes spoilers. Believe it or not, since OUAT returned (yeah, I'm writing this WAYYYY after the post date), I've been pretty good about spoilers. I know some here and there, and I still read the official press release for every episode, but at the same time, I don't generally go searching out spoilers. The problem is they seem to find me anyways.

It's just like how I honestly can't go anywhere without finding pirate references. It was in an episode of Hart of Dixie, I found a Captain Hook reference in a 230 page magazine...it was in the fine print people, and I was skimming, and don't even get me started about trying to go out in public now that Halloween is so close. I just can't go anywhere.

And apparently I can't go on Tumblr either. Why these things seem to find me instead of me finding them (or avoiding such a scenario), I have no idea. Granted, yes, I was searching for specifically Captain Hook because I was writing a post about...you guessed it...Captain Hook.

BUT I DID NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT SPOILER THANKS VERY MUCH.

I guess it's really all my own fault though, isn't it? I really need to be a better person and try to avoid them.

But Tumblr...it's just so great...

Have a magical day!

(Note; This blog post was written on October 29).

No comments:

Post a Comment