Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 549: A Trip With Friends

I know I said in the last blog post that it would be the last one about the band trip, but gosh there's just so much I can talk about when it comes to that trip. I mean, there were so many firsts for everyone, myself included, that it's almost odd. We did so much and have so many memories that I can hardly believe it happened at all. Actually, the Band Trip is sort of in a strange state in my mind. I half want to remember it forever, and half want to forget it. And then there's a part of me that's like "THAT WAS AWESOME!" and another part that's basically saying "What was awesome?"

But there are things in the trip that I can talk about, as you've been able to tell. I'm a fairly long winded person to begin with, especially when you set a keyboard in front of me with nothing but blank page to fill. So I figured I'd tell you about one of my favorite firsts this trip: my friends.

Don't get me wrong, I love traveling with my family. Because we own a business, and between school and friends and extra stuff, we don't really spend a whole lot of time together, so Disney is a great break from that. Although as we grow older, I think my brother and I find we prefer to go off and do our own thing away from our parents, but what teenager doesn't think that?

Sadly though, I never really got a chance to home with my friends. We'd talked about it countless times, and Megan is the star student in "Lizzie's Class on Everything You Probably Didn't Need to Know About Disney." She's been taking said class for a long time, and when the band trip came up, here was our chance. I was going to get to bring my friends home, so they could see everything I talked about constantly on a daily basis. To be honest, I probably talk about Once more now than I do Disney, but it's been a tricky topic as of late. You know that story, at least partially though.

Anyways, on the band trip I DID get to experience Walt Disney World with two of my best friends, along with my brother and a number of others. I got to show them Spaceship Earth, and Illuminations and Space Mountain and the Castle and EVERYTHING ELSE. Ok, not everything, but a lot of things, and there were many times when they knew exactly what we were doing and where we were going simply because I talk about it so much. In other words, the entire trip was a huge bunch of "Proud Moments of Lizzie's Life."

The thing I loved most though? We weren't even halfway through the trip when they started talking about wanting to come back. I know conversations happened all over the place, but the first time I really remember talking seriously about it was on the ferry back from the Magic Kingdom, when Megan and I discussed the idea while watching the Contemporary pass by. It was sort of surreal for me because here's the place that I love and adore and basically devote my life to, and my best friend is standing next to me saying "I want to come back."

And so, they are. On our next trip I not only get to go back to Disney for like three times as long as the band trip, but I get to bring my friends along with me. We're staying at a new resort for us, going on new adventures, and old ones too now, and it's going to be spectacular. I literally freak out a little bit each day just because I'm so excited about the entire thing. And Ashley, since I know you're probably reading this: YOU WILL NOT DIE ON THE PLANE.

Because yes, we get to take them on their first plane ride too.

Yep, it's gonna be an adventure.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 8). 

No comments:

Post a Comment