Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 553: A New Dream

In Tangled, there's a whole song about dreams. It's a great song, and I love singing it, especially since the entire theme of the film is really about dreaming. That's really important because dreaming is essential, and therefore it makes me think a little about my own dreams.

For a really, REALLY long time, my dream in life was to march down Main Street U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom. I didn't think I'd get the chance to do that. In fact I was set on the fact that I was NEVER going to get to do that, but then my life kind of turned itself around and here I sit having accomplished that dream with a picture of it as proof on my shelf.

Which means I need a new dream.

I watched one of my YouTube videos with my roommates earlier, which was recorded back in July, and I say that I hadn't figured out my new dream yet. It's true, back during the summer I don't think I had figured out my new dream, because you really have to put a lot of time and thought into it. You can't just take something and label it your new dream. Plus, what in the world do you do when you fulfill your lifelong dream at age 18? There's so many years left to experience...so what do you do?

I did finally come up with a new dream though, and I feel like it's a pretty good one.

My new dream is to meet Colin O'Donoghue, or Jennifer Morrison, and I feel like this is a pretty fair new dream. With everything Once has done for me in the past year or so, I'd just love to meet some of the people behind it, and there isn't anyone from the cast I'd like to meet more than Colin. I talk about him daily (which probably annoys my roommates to no end...), but hey, we all need a new dream, right? Plus, doesn't this make me like a normal person or something? The simple fact that I want to meet my favorite famous person?

I know, I know. You're all currently saying: "But Lizzie! Harrison Ford!!!" And yes you're right! I'd LOVE to meet Harrison Ford, and technically he IS still my favorite actor (I've been wanting to rewatch Star Wars for AGES now), but sadly, the chances of me meeting him are pretty slim. I figure that if I say meeting Colin is my new dream, I have a pretty good chance of actually achieving that goal.

That's what goals are all about, after all. Fulfilling them, and how lucky am I to have fulfilled one at age 18?

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 29).

No comments:

Post a Comment