Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 562: Wait...what?

I'm no stranger to having to make up obnoxious amounts of blog posts, meaning that I'm also not a stranger to having to sit and brainstorm for what seems like hours on end to come up with what I'm going to talk about. I mean, there's enough of Disney in my everyday life that if I was actually able to blog every single day on time I wouldn't have a problem. After all, I've had a wide range of topics since the beginning of Everyday Disney, and there are probably thousands of others still out there. But when you sit down and write five or ten or even more blog posts, you get sort of...confused.

This particular blog post is number 562, although technically today I would be blogging Day 640. That's a huge number, right? I mean, how long does it take you to count from 1 to 640. A long time I'd wager. But is it really possible that all 640 of those blog posts are different and unique and have their own individual topic? Sure. Is that how it really is? No, probably not.

You see, Disney is an extremely diverse topic. I could talk for 50 some days alone about the animated movies, and spend over a year focusing on every little aspect of Walt Disney World. In fact, I could probably spend a FEW YEARS only on Walt Disney World. But I don't have the time to do that sort of thing and it really wouldn't be relevant. This blog is about how Disney fits into my daily life.

Which means that from time to time, things start to repeat...sort of. A while back, sometime earlier this year, I made it a goal to never use the same title twice. It means that I have a giant list with, yes, all 640 blog post titles, or at least I will once I finish catching up. And while that is generally a pretty good way to keep track of if I already blogged about something, it's pretty easy for things to slip my mind.

In other words, when I do have times like right now, where I have what seems like an endless number of posts to write, I forget what I've already talked about and what I could bring in that would be new. It's so confusing sometimes to be completely honest, and I worry about you guys reading the same thing over and over again.

But then I realize that as much as I talk about one thing or another over and over again, if I talked about it last year you probably don't even remember me talking about it, unless it was something very specific, such as the day I talked about River Country on my brother's birthday, or the days that showcase my Favorite Things or my Disney Collection. I can't just repeat those all the time.

I do want to make it known that I spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out things for each individual post. And you know what? I should seriously sign a contract that says I'm never going to get behind again because this has been ridiculous. We all know I won't stick to it forever though, whether it be because of the internet or time or school or whatever else.

I can try though.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 30).

No comments:

Post a Comment