Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Day 568: Welcome Aboard Mate

Yes, I do LOVE Once Upon A Time, and Yes, I AM trying to get everyone I know to watch it because I want it to continue for a very long time (or at least for like...Season 5...but let's get through Season 4 first). So of course I'm trying to catch one of my close friends up on the entire series. It started several months ago, when we began at the beginning of the show and slowly made our way through seasons one and two. Back then she swore she would never like Captain Hook or ship CaptainSwan like I do, but it seems those days are over.

Now we're over halfway through Season 3, and she's been going crazy. I regularly check the #CaptainSwan tag on Instagram, and I generally know most of the spoilers for the upcomming season, although I'm trying to be better about it this time (it's not working). All else aside, I'm a huge CS shipper. No doubt about it.

What I didn't expect was for a front row seat for the "This is what Lizzie looks like when freaking out" show.

My friends are always teasing me about how much I am addicted to this show, but we've previously discussed why that is. About how in reality this show is like my constant and I need it to survive and it gives me something to look forward to each and every week and so on and so forth. And when we watched the season finale, my friends debating videoing me just so I could see what I look like when I freak out.

Turns out we don't need that at all, because my friend is going to show me anyways, only it won't be her pretending to be me. No, she's freaking out all on her own. Megan and I, both of whom are caught up on the show and have been patiently waiting for Season 4 for the past however many days, are kind of evil though. When she wants to watch Once we spend as much time as possible doing random crap just to make the "hiatus" for her longer, which is generally only a day or two. But boy is it going to be a good time when we get to the end of Season 3 and she still has to wait at least a little bit of the hiatus that's left until Season 4.

My biggest accomplishment here though is the simple fact that I got one of my friends super addicted to Once Upon a Time, just like I am. And it really is entertaining to watch her flail around because she ships CaptainSwan so much. It's a new experience for me since I'm generally the one doing the flailing and freaking out. Some of it is real, most of it is acting, but one thing is for sure: it's seriously entertaining.

Have a magical day!

(This blog post was written on July 23, 2014).

No comments:

Post a Comment