Saturday, August 30, 2014

Day 607: The Facebook Tradition

Just as I realized I've never blogged about my phone, I realized I've never actually blogged about the fact that I have this weird tradition on Facebook. I honestly don't even know how it started or why I keep doing it, but maybe it's just because I like to think it keeps the magic alive in between trips.

Hold on though, let's get to the tradition itself.

It started off after my trip in July of 2013, when I posted these two photos to my Instagram:


Both pictures were taken on the same day, and both were at Hollywood Studios (the one of my hand is my hand on Harrison Ford's handprint at Hollywood Studios, and the right one is taken on the Streets of America). The handprint was my cover photo and the other my profile picture and they just looked so good together that I kept them until my next trip in March. 


Then we had those two pictures, again taken on the same day and, oddly enough, in Hollywood Studios. Once again they just seemed to fit together perfectly, and I decided that they would stay until June when I headed to Walt Disney World again. Oh, and just as a comment, that left picture, taken at sunset at Echo Lake, is one of my all time favorite pictures I've taken at WDW. Just a fun fact. 



Which brings us here, to my current profile picture and cover photo. The cover photo is of my high school band marching down Main Street U.S.A, and despite the fact that I'm not even technically in the picture and it's looking away from the castle, it's probably my favorite of all the ones taken of us that day. The profile picture isn't from Disney, technically, but was taken soon after the trip in my High School Band room with the Golden Mickey we brought home after marching. The entire experience meant so much to me that I couldn't think of a better combination of pictures. 

And if you haven't figured it out yet, the tradition is this, specifically. My profile picture and cover photo always have something to do with Disney, and they don't change in between trips. They can, and often do, change while I'm on the trip itself, but beyond that they stay the same. It's sort of like my life stops when I return to Wisconsin and resumes when I head back home to Disney. It's weird, I know. 

What the pictures will change to in January, I have no clue, but I have a pretty good feeling that they'll include my brother and friends. After all, I'm super excited about that trip to begin with! 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 30).

No comments:

Post a Comment