Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 590: Chuck

Apparently, amongst the numerous TV shows I'm already addicted to (literally, I need to do something more productive with my life than freak out about OUAT), my new roommates decided that I seriously need to watch the TV show Chuck. "It's only 5 seasons" they said, "It's the best show ever" they said, "You'll love it they said!"

Well, all of those statements were pretty darn true.

So here I am, addicted to yet another TV show. Maybe that's why I need a life. I watch too much TV.

But that's all besides the point because we're here to talk about Chuck, and how this is literally one of the best shows I've watched in years. It's kind of comforting knowing that I can binge watch the entire series basically without having to wait eternities for new episodes (I should have thought OUAT through more), but at the same time, it's a little scary knowing that we'll finish the five seasons and then all cry because it's over.

I don't know which is more painful.

For those of you who have yet to experience Chuck, here's a run down. Basically, this guy named Chuck (played by the one and only Zachary Levi...more on that in a minute), has some super secret government spy information stuck in his head, and he has to become a spy because of it, despite the fact that he fixes computers for a living as a part of the Nerd Herd. If high speed car chases and top secret missions isn't enough to get you to watch, there's also a ton of references to other fandoms, especially Star Wars, which I enjoy tons.

And if THAT isn't enough, let's return to the fact that it stars ZACHARY LEVI. You know, the guy who voiced FLYNN RIDER? Yeah, him. He's been on my favorite actor list for a while, and seriously, it's tough to get and stay on that list recently. Once dominates it. And to get me addicted to a show after like one episode? That's an entirely different feat.

So if you need me now, I'll just be over here wondering how long I have until I can watch the next episode, since I'm watching it with my roommates. We have to bond somehow you know! ;)

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 18).

No comments:

Post a Comment