Friday, August 22, 2014

Day 599: Ice Bucket Challenge

Unless you've been living under a rock, I'm pretty sure we've all heard about the Ice Bucket Challenge that's going around the internet. It's in support of ALS, and I highly encourage you to go HERE and learn more about it for yourself because I am EXHAUSTED after moving in to college today and just don't have the brain power left! But I did take the time to go read it myself, so even if you've already done the challenge or donated, head back to the website and learn more!

Of course though, why would I be blogging about this if I didn't do it myself! You can watch me take the challenge here:


Now, as you can tell, if you watched the video, I wasn't technically nominated. But there's actually three circumstances under which I told myself I would take the challenge AND donate to ALS. Those three circumstances were as follow: 

1. If one of my friends nominated me for the challenge, obviously.
2. If Colin O'Donoghue was nominated for the challenge and did it. 
3. If I wasn't nominated or he didn't do it before I moved back to SNC. 

It just so happens that two of these circumstances occurred at virtually the same time, since Colin did the challenge the day before I would of had to do it in order to take the challenge before moving in. So it worked out pretty well.

A few people did question me or give pause when I said I was nominating myself because of this, but honestly, I don't really care. I donated and helped spread awareness about ALS, and I don't need to be nominated to do something good, right? Plus, someone, at the beginning, had to have "nominated themselves" for the challenge. This wasn't any different! 

So do the challenge, DONATE, Learn about ALS! Do it all and let's help support this great cause! 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment