Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 582: Storybrooke Is Frozen

Back in Season one, you could say that the little town of Storybrooke, Maine was "frozen." I mean, after all, time never moved there, with everyone except for Henry living in this perpetual state of what basically amounts to nothingness. Not one of them realized that time, in reality, was passing without them aging, even the children. Except for Henry of course.

Now things are changing though, with Elsa in Storybrooke and promises of Kristoff, Hans, Anna and Sven, along with a few other loveable characters, things are going to get pretty chilly.

So WHY IN THE WORLD CAN'T I STOP WITH THE SPOILERS?

It's an age old question, and honestly, one can get pretty deep here. We, as humans, have this want to know what happens next. It's the reason that cliffhangers just about kill all of us, because we can never know what is going to happen in our personal lives. We are often uncertain of the outcome, and therefore, when it comes to things like TV Shows, we have a certain amount of control over how much we know. The problem is, it often becomes hard because of that need to see the future.

If you ask me, I've done pretty well so far. Alright, so maybe I know just about every spoiler that's come out and can basically tell you things that will totally for sure happen, but on the bright side I don't know the order of the scenes like I did for New York City Serenade...and I'm trying pretty darn hard to NOT look at the spoilers as they come out. Sometimes it's just...things happen. Actually, I end up accidentally seeing things because of Pinterest or Twitter or something. It's a serious issue. But I'm not about to give up all my social media for the next month. No thanks.

But Frozen people. FROZEN.

I've heard a lot of different opinions on this idea, of Anna and Elsa joining our lovely Once cast and how it will either ruin the show or the film and storyline. I don't agree with either. This isn't Frozen in it's movie state, it's a continuation of the story, and I fully trust Adam and Eddy to make the right decisions. After all, I never really loved fairy tales until after they got their hands on them and now I love them to death, finding deeper meaning and inspiration in the pages. If that isn't successful, I don't know what is.

So I'm definitely on the welcoming side of Frozen on Once. I can't wait to see how these characters interact with the ones I already love, although if anyone stands in the way of my Hook and Emma moments I might have a few issues. Something tells me I'm going to hate a few people in the future, but that's alright. I love all the characters of Once, because they all play their own roles, so in the end it'll be worth it.

Although I could do with a bit less angst.


Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on August 23). 

No comments:

Post a Comment