Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day 579: STAR WARS!

It's been a long while since we talked about Star Wars around here, but I think it's mostly because there's just a period of waiting going on, and with how JJ Abrams has it all under wraps, there aren't many spoilers to be found either. So we sit, eagerly anticipating the newest addition to the Star Wars franchise.

But behind the scenes, a lot HAS been going on, even if they did stop filming for two weeks because Harrison Ford broke his leg. A hazard of the job I guess. I understand though, as in any video I make I have to do my own stunts, and I certainly have gotten hurt more than once. I could use a stunt double, that's for sure. Or maybe I should just work out more often.

No matter what the reason, things got interesting, and if they had to stop filming because Ford couldn't film that means one thing, and it's also a rumor I've been hearing: Han Solo will play a larger role in these films.

THANK THE MAKER.

It's about time Han Solo got some major credit for all the adventures he's been on. I mean, maybe I'm bias because he's my favorite character, but I'm glad that we have a main character (or close enough) that isn't a jedi. It's interesting and all, and who doesn't want to have a lightsaber, but it's well past the time to explore other things in the universe...aside from boring galactic trade negotiations.

Wow, I'm harsh on those prequels, aren't I?

The truth is, I haven't gotten a chance to watch Star Wars in a very, very long time. It's a bit strange for me since I generally used to watch them just about once a week, and now I don't even do that with Once Upon A Time. I'm just plain too busy. But one of these days I'll pull them out and watch that original trilogy. Maybe as a break once I'm done with rewatching Once and the Disney films.

Then again, that might not happen until next year.

How about this? I'll rewatch them all before the new one. That's a super easy goal to meet, right?

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 23). 

No comments:

Post a Comment