Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 594: Inspire and Be Inspired

I do love to blog.

I love the whole process. Coming up with new ideas, writing the actual posts, getting any sort of feedback. I think the entire thing is wonderful. I mean, I generally don't get comments or anything, but there's a significant number of views, especially when this thing is updated, and that's awesome. Just to sit and think "Hey, there really are people out there that are reading what I write."

I try to keep a variety of stuff on the blog, and while I am often times quite long winded, I try to keep each post focused around one particular thing. Sometimes it directly relates to a Disney Park or to a Movie or to something going on in my life, but I do always connect it back. What's different and weird for me is the idea that maybe I could inspire someone else to write a blog too.

About a year ago, over a year ago actually, my friend Ashley took it upon herself to start her own blog, and while sadly I don't have a ton of time for reading blogs lately (or even a year ago), I tried to read as often as possible, and now she lets me know by text message when there's a new post up so I can go to read it if I have a couple of minutes. In reality, I really should spend more time reading up on Disney news and other blogs because that's something I really had the ability to do when I first started Everyday Disney and I miss it.

But that's not the point here. Recently she began a new blog, like so many of us do. I can't even count the number of blogs I had before I landed myself here, and just going back and reading my journals makes me realize how many times I really did start over. That's kind of what you have to do though. It's a trial and error process for sure. You get going and then relax and forget about it, and then you remember that you had one but it's been six months since your last blog post and now it just seems ridiculous to continue so you start all over. It's the scenario I'm honestly trying to prevent right now by working my way back through the summer of blog posts that I missed. It's gonna take a hell of a lot of time and works to write all of this, but I'll get it done somehow.

On some level though, there's a bit of me that knows "I started her on that path to blogging!" and she tells me all the time about how much she really does enjoy it, even just a few blog posts into the new website. And she's right in saying that her writing gets better with every post because seriously, that's how these things work. It takes a long time to fit into a blog and a format that works for you. I mean, I can't even count the number of nights I spent trying to figure out exactly how this daily Disney blogging thing would work or how I would end the post or so on and so forth, and I continuously start the process over on new projects now that I'm comfortable here.

In all honesty though, I think it was this blog itself that gave me the courage to start on those other projects. They don't always get done, but hey, not everything works out, right? It's a matter of constantly coming up with new ideas to work on, just so we can improve our own skills and make progress. Because that's what we're all about. We keep moving forward.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 18, and if you want to check out my friend's blog, you can do so HERE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment