Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 592: Grey Stuff Cupcakes

This summer I've really been loving cupcakes. I have no real idea why it is that I've been so inspired to make cupcakes, but I have, and for some reason, I'm actually pretty darn good at it. I've been trying to compile a list of cupcake recipes that everyone loves, while asking all of my friends and family their favorite cupcake flavor to give me new challenges.

And boy have a few people stepped up and given me some.

My friend Charlie suggested something earlier in the summer that really got me thinking: pudding filled cupcakes. I mean, everyone loves pudding, and everyone loves cupcakes, and they probably taste amazing together, so why isn't that a thing? Well, actually it is, and even if it wasn't, it would be now because I've gotten pretty darn good at filling the center of my cupcakes. A fact that makes some of my friends very happy indeed.

But in my quest to come up with the perfect pudding filled cupcake I actually stumbled upon a different cupcake entirely, and now I have people requesting it. That's certainly a new one.

And so I present to you, the Grey Stuff Cupcake:


This one was actually specifically for my friend's birthday, since she's the one who wanted them for her birthday very specifically. My brother's choice will come later in the week, which is just as Disney themed as this one is. Of course, we had to complete it with a Once Upon A Time candle, only her's is green. Not everyone can have a blue one, after all. I haven't. I'm saving it. For like...my 28th birthday. 

Anyways, as you can see, it's a chocolate cupcake topped with delicious real, actual grey stuff. Homemade of course, but hey, I have my resources! And then there's little pearls on top just like at Be Our Guest. I think that was her favorite part to be honest. They're not the exact ones, but they look right and still taste amazing. 

Oh, and I didn't even tell you the best part! Not only is the cupcake TOPPED with Grey Stuff, but it's filled with it too! DELICIOUS! Plus, I've experimented with putting an oreo in the bottom. It's sort of a 50/50 vote on whether or not people like it with the oreo or not though. They're certainly harder to eat with it than without, but even without a cookie on the bottom these things are seriously delicious. 

Any other Disney inspired cupcake ideas for me out there? 

Have a magical day! 


(Note: This blog post was written on August 18). 


No comments:

Post a Comment