Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 601: Fireworks Galore

If you've been reading long enough to remember back to last year, I blogged about our school and the beginning of the year fireworks. It's still a thing, and I hope it continues to be so for a very long time. Initially, I was going to blog about something else, but then we went down and saw the fireworks and this just sort of had to be written about, even if it is going to technically be the second blog post about them, but hey, I blog about Spaceship Earth and Once all the time, so this counts, right?

This year's fireworks display, we think, was even better than last years, and honestly we're incredibly lucky to have such a great college, even if they may be blowing up some of our tuition money. Either way, there wasn't music synchronized or anything, but the fireworks went on continuously for quite some time, and they were definitely timed out, something that most of the Fourth of July fireworks we saw were not. We actually said the fireworks here were better than the ones we saw on the Fourth, and it's true.

But that's not all that reminded me of Disney and the spectacular fireworks displays that take place there every day. Unlike last year, I made sure my phone was charged so I could take pictures and video throughout the show, and I posted a couple of pictures.



I actually had someone comment on the first one and how she thought it was Illuminations at first, and she's right. It does look remarkably similar to this picture I took back in June:


The fireworks are out on the water, we sit at the water's edge, they go off from two barges in time with one another and the entire thing just has a great vibe to it. I actually said that our fireworks show here got the "Lizzie stamp of approval," which is a really difficult thing to get when it comes to fireworks. I have high standards. 

We also snuck into the new science building here on campus and went through some unlocked doors before ending up in the greenhouse, which reminded a few other Instagramers of "Living with the Land." They started with the lyrics to "Listen to the Land" and it just made my day. 


And that's the update on the fireworks. I am happy that I stayed for them, since I could have come back to my dorm and worked more, since there's just this never-ending list of work for me to get done. I feel like the only break I can afford is lunch and writing the blog (today's post...not the others). That and my checking social media. But it'll all be worth it, that's for sure!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment