Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 580: Sing-A-Long!

A few days ago, one of my friends introduced me to something that I missed several months ago, the GMA Frozen Sing-Along. It was sort of hard for me to watch, simply because I was still at home with limited data and internet, plus people kept interrupting me, but I did get to watch it, and boy is it worth it.

Ashley, who introduced it to me, always comments on the fact that gosh, Disney has affected so many people, and she's very right. Disney has it's way of reaching out to millions of people, and not just children. I think, on some level, we were all affected by Frozen. I know I was, despite the fact that it isn't my favorite Disney movie by a long shot. But that's ok, because it did it's job. It was successful, and we couldn't be more thankful.

So here's GMA's Epic Frozen Sing-a-long, Live!


Did I sing-a-long the first time I watched? You bet I did, although as I watch it now I'm not, simply because it would be a bit weird if I just broke out into song in my dorm room while we're all working. I do still have a smile on my face though. And maybe I'm tearing up a little bit. 

The simple fact that for a few minutes people all over the country could gather together to sing a Disney song is amazing. I wish it happened more often. 

And maybe it should. 

Have a magical day! 

(Note: This blog post was written on August 23).

No comments:

Post a Comment