Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 583: Sometimes I Get Sad

I think we all get sad from time to time, but there are certainly specific moments that always, no matter what, just put us in a sad mood. I mean, for instance, whenever I watch certain episodes of Once Upon A Time I get sad, or when I have a huge assignment due for class.

But there's one time that I think every single one of us just gets so sad that we can no longer handle it alone, and therefore, we take to Instagram. That time? Whenever we leave Disney World.

I'm a part of a huge Disney Instagram community, and I LOVE it. The people are wonderful, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of them on my future trips, but a lot of times you see these people heading to Disney while you still sit at home. And yeah, you're jealous for a while, that's for sure, but no matter how jealous you are of them during their trip, you get sad right along with them when they have to leave.

It's heartbreaking, knowing that other people are leaving Disney, because you know what that feels like. You know how difficult it is to turn away from Spaceship Earth or Cinderella Castle and say "I'll see you real soon" when maybe you don't even know when "soon" really is. It's terrible. I think my friends who were with us on the band trip certainly get it now too, which I cry every single time I leave Disney because it's home and you just miss it and your life is there pretty much.

So of course you get sad when you leave, or when others leave. It's just a pain we all share...and then we share in the pain and excitement of waiting for the next trip too. It's a long process, but it brings us all closer together.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 23).

No comments:

Post a Comment