Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 581: Dole Whips (Of the Homemade Type)

We all love dole whips...or at least a large majority of the population loves them. Yep, they're delicious and I'm pretty sure we all wish we could eat one just about every single day (not that that would be healthy at all). But sadly, dole whips are, for the most part, an "At-Disney" kind of thing. Or so we thought.

Turns out, you can actually make dole whips at home. Now, I made some and while they weren't the park dole whip, it was still delicious, and I'm totally going to try making another one sometime soon just because I feel like I did something a bit wrong, causing it to be thicker and creamier than usual. 

But that's perfectly ok. In between our Disney vacations, we don't really get to have much in the Disney food department, and that's something that I spend a lot of my time trying to change. After all, if I can have Disney food, I'm going to have Disney food, even if I have to make it myself. That's probably why I spend a good amount of my time working on finding those new Disney recipes and then trying them out for myself. College kind of puts a damper on it though, since I have much less kitchen to work with...meaning I have to go home to do anything (like tomorrow's adventure to make cupcakes because I just plain can't do it here). 

That's not what we're talking about though. We're talking about dole whips, and how much I really, REALLY, want one right about now. 

I shouldn't have even brought it up. 

Now we're all hungry. 

Have a magical day! 

(Note: This blog post was written on August 23).

No comments:

Post a Comment