Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 606: Magical Moments

Of all the Disney blogs I follow, AllEars has to be one of my favorites. As a kid (and teenager too I suppose), I always remember my mom talking about the website and the newsletter and so on and so forth, but I didn't really appreciate it all until I began this blog, and then I appreciated it even more when I started reading it weekly.

But my absolute favorite part of the newsletter comes once a month, when Magical Moments are included. On the last newsletter each month they include three magical moments that are sent in. I look forward to these each month and can honestly say that they make me cry more often than not. I mean, these are just moments that showcase how powerful and magical Disney really is, and it's a great feeling.

Oddly enough, as I was writing this blog post, I scrolled back through the past newsletters and picked a random one, which happened to be exactly a year ago in September 2013. I've read a lot of these magical moments, but there's still one that I've never forgotten. I read it to my brother and cried both times I went through it. It was about a little boy who loved Indiana Jones and received the gloves from Indy himself after the stunt show. You can read the whole story by scrolling down to the magical moments section HERE.

Of course, I've had my own fair share of magical moments, but marching down Main Street still tops them all. It was tiring and frustrating and sometimes I wonder if it was all worth it, but I was on top of the world in that moment and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

That's the thing. Magical Moments don't really ever happen on purpose. They happen on accident. They're moments that shouldn't be happening, that we don't think will happen, but occur anyway, and that's what makes them so magical. I think it's moments like those that make Walt proud and are the true heart of the Disney company. After all, these are moments that often stick with us for our entire lives.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 30).

No comments:

Post a Comment