Saturday, December 6, 2014

Day 705: My Disney Collection V3.5

It's funny how sometimes you're on Pinterest or Tumblr or Twitter and you find a post or a meme that literally perfectly describes your life. For me, this is one of those times.

Over a year ago, back on Day 172 actually (which you can read HERE), I did one of my "Disney Collection" posts on my mug collection. It's true, I have quite the extensive mug collection, but what I didn't expect was to be doing an update on a collection post this soon in the game. Sure, some of my other collections have extended too, and while it's been a long time since the last Disney collection post, there's been a few in the works for a while that I just haven't gotten around to.

However, Christmas brought me a lot of new and interesting mugs. In fact, maybe I should admit defeat and accept that I might have too many. What do you think?


But, since this is an update post, let's talk about the Disney additions that have come in the last year and a half! We'll start with the trio of mugs that I've collected over the past few trips. I happened to have someone contact me about the Spaceship Earth mug even before they began selling them on Disney property, and of course the second I got to Florida, I bought it. I guess this counts for part of a Spaceship Earth collection post in that respect too, but it's not alone, although the Spaceship Earth mug is definitely the weirdest one I have. There's a matching Cinderella Castle and Tree of Life mug to go with Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, and my dad and I continue to wonder where Hollywood Studios is. 


Then we have this duo that I got on Black Friday from the Disney Store. I definitely love the old vintage feel of both of these, and the travel mug on the right is literally my favorite color (although the coloring is a bit off in this picture). Definitely good additions to my collection.


While I collect a pin for every year at Disney World, I don't really collect a mug for every year. That would get exhausting and I'd definitely run out of room faster than I already am with this mug collection. However, sometimes there's a mug that's just too good to pass up, and this definitely goes on that list. 2013 was a big year for me, and this mug is just about as big. It's a double size, meaning that I have plenty of space for lots of coffee or tea when I use it! Plus, that 3 as the handle is pretty awesome. 


Next up is another of my newest mugs from Black Friday, Chip! I've already gotten several compliments on this one and have actually been meaning to buy it for a while, only I never got around to it. Chip is seriously adorable though, and I have the distinct feeling that I know a few other people who might love one too.


And finally we have the Once addition to the bunch, my Hook's Crew mug. I've wanted this on a T-shirt for AGES, but while ordering a mug for a friend from RedBubble, I found this to be a cheaper option and jumped on the chance. I pull it out for watching Once Upon A Time, of course, as well as literally anything to do with Peter Pan or Colin O'Donoghue. So basically, it's out a lot. My roommates sure love it too, but we'll save that picture for another day.


Since last time I shared the Disney themed hot cocoas, I figured this time we'd look at the Disney tea I got a while back from Adagio Teas. You already have heard about the CaptainSwan tea, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some OutlawQueen and Snowing tea when I head back to college for the spring semester, but the last time I ordered (to get more CaptainSwan tea, of course), I made sure to try some other ones too. There are a ton of fandom blends out there, but luckily I found a bunch specifically tailored to Walt Disney World, and that was the end of that conversation. The Echo Lake blend is a chocolate mint blend, definitely good for afternoon snack time, while the Fantasyland blend is a vanilla and berry combination. Plus, I added in the Captain Hook blend, which is a delicious blackberry tea that I've been really into as of late. All three are spectacular and you should definitely try them sometime if you order from Adagio! There's a whole selection of Disney blends! 


As for me, I have to deal with the fact that mom made me move my mugs out of her cabinet and into a cabinet of my own because I have too many to fit with the rest of the glasses now. I guess that's alright on my end, because I get my own cabinet, and I got a ton of new mugs, but I also have to somehow convince them that I do have a rotation schedule to make sure I use them all. They don't believe me, but I do. 

Today's mug, if I drink tea tonight, will be the castle mug, by the way. 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on December 22 due to finals).

No comments:

Post a Comment