Monday, December 15, 2014

Day 714: Gifting and Giving

Trying to figure out what to get someone for Christmas or their birthday is hard enough. I spend quite a bit of time on trying to figure out what to get people, and often times those discussions in my mind start long before the actual day comes around. I'm talking like months ahead. With Ashley's combined "First Disney Trip" gift, I was planning long before we even knew we were going to Florida, and almost a year ahead of when she was actually given the present. And when it comes to my roommate, who's also named Ashley, I'm already working on a special Christmas present for her next year. Yep, I'm ahead of schedule.

So I definitely understand what it's like to have issues finding the prefect present, but apparently I'm even more difficult when it comes to this topic. The issue? Disney, and OUAT, and pretty much everything else I love.

I'm an avid collector, as I'm sure you've already figured out. I have collections in everything from Disney Parks Prints to mugs to pins to books to autographs (And tweets, if you're counting those too), and that's just scratching the surface, so gifts aren't exactly easy to find for me.

Now granted, I have a lot of interests, so that should probably make it a bit easier. But when you consider the fact that I tend to avidly add to my own collection, it probably makes it kind of difficult for other people to know what I have and what I don't have, meaning that instead of being a really easy person to get gifts for, I'm that person everyone is afraid to get gifts for.

That is, except for one person. Megan seems to have gotten a good system down. She's able to snoop around in my room enough to know what I have and what I don't have, and since she's already very obviously taken my "Everything You Probably Didn't Need to Know About Disney" course and aced it, she's able to decipher what it is that would be a super valuable addition to my collection.

Last year she gave me the Mickey Mouse Wreath that she made, which obviously was not something I previously had. For my birthday she got me a new Beauty and the Beast t-shirt, and for Christmas she gave me the 2015 Once Upon A Time calendar and "The Art of Tangled," obviously both great additions to my life.

So I suggest to my friends and family: don't be afraid to get me something Disney. Even if I already have it, the chances of me loving it enough to keep it are pretty darn high. I have a blog about Disney, after all. A WHOLE BLOG.

Plus, if you really want to get me a great present, I know Colin O'Donoghue is out there somewhere. After all, he definitely wasn't under my Christmas tree.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on December 29 due to Finals, Holidays & Computer Issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment