Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 711: Reindeers Are Better Than People

I feel like we should start counting how many of my blog post titles have Frozen references in them. In case you haven't noticed yet, every single blog post title is different. I started that a long time ago and just kind of kept going with it. A few are similar (especially if you count the series posts such as My Favorite Things or My Disney Collection), but overall they're all different. It helps me keep track of things, in a backwards sort of way.

Anyways, there comes the time at the end of every semester of college where you have to go home, and it's more depressing than it really sounds. I come home quite often, since I live so close, so coming home for good sounds like more pain than pleasure. I love my dorm, I love my roommates, and I even love school (Although the break from homework is nice...even though I'm doing more work now than I had to do half the semester). There isn't quite as much to do at home, and watching movies and such gets old after about a week. One of the biggest pains though? Packing everything up to come home. We're home for over a month for our Christmas break, and we can't get back into our dorm rooms during that time, meaning that you really need to bring absolutely everything home or else you're going to have to face living without it for a month. It makes things difficult, that's for sure. Honestly, it's kind of like you move four times a year.

My roommate Ashley and I, however, found a way to make our packing a bit less miserable. Hannah and Megan had already left, so it was just the two of us finishing gathering all our stuff, and in order to do that, you need music. So of course, blasting Frozen music and singing obnoxiously loud seemed like the right thing to do.

If you're like me, you bought the Deluxe Edition of the Frozen soundtrack the day it came out, and know just how difficult it is to get through the entire thing in one sitting. It's several hours long, and generally tasks don't take quite that amount of time. Unless you're packing up your dorm room for holiday break. Then you have hours and hours of time to listen.

And in the end, we did accomplish it. We listened to the entire Frozen soundtrack. All the regular songs that everyone hears, and the instrumental music and the sing-along versions and the deleted songs from the second disc. Everything. In the end, we decided that there's one very under appreciated song that really should have been in the credits after all...



I know I'm supposed to picture Jonathan Groff singing it, but honestly I just got this picture of Scott M. Foster singing it on Once instead and gosh, that made my day. I need this to be a blooper. Just all the Frozen singing, but especially this. 

Na na na na na na na REINDEER! 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on December 26 due to finals & holidays).

No comments:

Post a Comment