Sunday, December 28, 2014

Day 727: #LiquifiedLaptop

You really don't realize how much something means to you until it's gone.

That's one of those influential sayings, right? Or something like that? Regardless, I can definitely tell you that it's true. 100% true. And here's how I know:

The other day, water spilled on my laptop, affectionately named HAL9000 (maybe I cursed myself). I won't go into the story as to how the water spilled, but it did, and while honestly I'm not even mad about the water spilling, it did leave HAL out of order for the past few days, meaning that my ability to edit video and write blog posts was severely limited.

Now, as I've said to various people over the past couple of days, I think I was more angry and frustrated with the fact that I couldn't get my work done than the possibility of losing the last two years of my life, all stored on the wonderful HAL. And really, I was. Not getting my work done this close to a Disney trip is like a death sentence. If I don't have everything done that needs to be done, I'm just going to make my life more difficult when I return, as already I know I'll have to resume my constant working. It's a drastic difference from a year ago when all I really got to do during J-Term was watch How I Met Your Mother. Of course, I still make time to watch Gilmore Girls, but life is still filled with constant editing and blogging for me.

However, much to the relief of EVERYONE, HAL seems to be working fine (*knock on wood*), and I couldn't be happier. Having my laptop back is a huge relief, especially since I'm now able to continue blogging and editing the video. Plus, having HAL back means that he should, hopefully, be good to go with us to Florida as usual.

Here's a bit of HAL's adventure over the past few days:




Oh, HAL, it's been a real adventure, hasn't it? But we're sure glad you're back in action. Pretty sure Everyday Disney wouldn't exist without you. No seriously, I wouldn't be able to blog all the time without my laptop. This is crucial. 

Then again, it is sort of ironic. We say the laptops of my dorm room are all cursed, as they've all faced either water damage or screen damage within the last few months, and I DID say that I've had just about every technical difficulty possible with this band trip video, so it was only a matter of time I suppose!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 29 due to, you guessed it, computer issues!)


No comments:

Post a Comment