Sunday, December 29, 2013

Day 363: The Second Half

Back on July 1st, I wrote a post on how I was halfway through the year, and then talked about my favorite posts from the first six months of my blog. Although we still have two more days left in 2013, I have other stuff planned for those days, and decided that right now would be a great time to feature my favorite posts from each month in the second half of 2013.


Sunday, July 14, 2013: Day 195: Pictures Galore!



Remember that time this year when I went to Disney World for my birthday? Yeah, this post was timed smack dab in the middle of it. Of course, it's often times really hard to blog when I'm actually there, especially since I like to pair my daily vlog with the blog post for that day, and I don't like to post things unless the post is 100% finished. So those posts that occurred when I was in Florida weren't posted until long after, but I think of the ones from my trip, this is my favorite. 

I mean, I love them all, but the post on Day 195 had all of my favorite Instagram pictures from my Disney World 2013 Photo Challenge...and I just love sharing my beautiful pictures from Instagram! 

Friday, August 30, 2013: Day 242: "Air Cooling"


August meant a new adventure for me: College. And along with this new adventure came a new home: my dorm room. And along with my dorm room came heat. And lots of it. 

Those first few weeks at SNC were absolutely terrible when it came to how warm it was. And the reason I chose this post is because it always makes me laugh. I never actually attempted Uncle Orville's idea of Air-Cooling, as it cooled off just in time for me not to try it, but it'll be warm again come spring, and I'm sure the ice tray and the fan will come out then to keep me cool. 

And then I'll be sitting in luxury, Carousel of Progress style. 

Friday, September 20, 2013: Day 263: Africa

While I don't have a picture on this post, it's most certainly up there on the list of my favorite blog posts. I mean, it's one of the few I spent more than two hours on (it took over three hours just to do research), and it's probably one of the longest as well. 

So what's it about? Well, Africa for one, and how the music program at SNC is headed to Africa this next May. I won't be joining them though. Why? Because I'll be going to Walt Disney World...again! And this post proves that I have good reason to do so! I did some serious statistics and found that it takes you approximately 4.9 hours to experience every attraction in the Magic Kingdom Alone, and you add on at least 8.6 hours to get on the attractions (since I calculated it in a non-busy time), you can spend $3441.12 and have 462 options for food, watch over 4.6 hours of shows and parades and shop at 37 locations. 

Which means that it would take you around 25 hours at least to experience everything the Magic Kingdom has to offer. And considering even I haven't seen it all after so many trips, I think there's a good reason for me to be going to WDW twice in 2014. 

Sunday, October 27, 2013: Day 300: A Day in the Life of Hook


In what will probably be known forever as the most ridiculous idea I have ever had, this blog post accounts for the 24 hours I spent living like Captain Hook. What does this mean, exactly? Well...I only used one hand, my right hand. Although I could use my left arm and, when I had the Hook on, I could use that, I was not allowed to pick things up or use my left hand in any other way. It was...interesting...to say the least. 

Of course, there were a lot of things that were just much more difficult with one hand, for instance, texting is a lot slower with one hand. Anything on your phone is like half the speed...probably because you have half the hand. Shopping is harder, because you don't have a second hand to help carry things. Driving, that's harder too, as is getting out of your bunk bed and carrying your laundry up two flights of stairs. 

Curling hair...difficult but possible actually. Getting dressed? Interesting (those leather pants must suck), and putting on Makeup was also an adventure. But by far the hardest thing to do with one hand is plug in my curling iron...which goes into an extension chord that hands from the end of my loft. Yeah, that was really really hard. 

But seeing Good Form totally made it all worth it. 

Saturday, November 23, 2013: Day 327: Jennifer Morrison 

We all have our favorite people in this world, and when I started this blog, I'd have to say that Walt Disney and Harrison Ford, along with Abraham Lincoln, were just about the only ones on my "absolute favorite list." Well, then came September and Once Season...and all that changed. Now I've got two more people on that list: Colin O'Donoghue and Jennifer Morrison. 

Jennifer Morrison though, she's on the list for a VERY good reason. The night I wrote this blog post I had been practicing alto for my lesson the next morning, and I happened to take a break by going on Youtube. I ended up finding an interview of JMo on Ellen, and I watched it and basically freaked out. 

You see, it turns out that I'm a lot alike Jennifer Morrison, since she went to Disney World 27 times by the time she was 18. I'm not far behind that, since by the time I'm 19 I'll have gone 25. 

To sum up the blog post: Jennifer Morrison is my favorite actress. 

Wednesday, December 4, 2013: Day 338: Candles



This is one of those blog posts that relate my adventures at college...and it's probably one of my favorites when it comes to those college posts. 

At SNC we have holiday meals from time to time, and this one happened to be our Christmas Dinner. The food was great, as always, but what I'll remember from it was actually the candle that sat on our table. My friend Jessica just HAD to blog it out, but later when she and Emily were arguing about it I looked at Megan and said "I want to do it!" So I was like "I hope you enjoy our story tonight...Reflections of Earth" and then blew out the candle. Jessica just glared at me and we were all laughing...and then she blew out the candle on the next table. 

It was a wonderful Christmas Dinner. 

Thursday, September 19, 2013: Day 262: Talk Like a Pirate!




And since I did a bonus last time, here's one for this post too. I loved this post because I actually wrote the entire thing and then used an online "Translator" to translate the entire thing into pirate...and then retype it into the blog post of course. 

I mean, who doesn't like talking like a pirate? I have my Facebook settings set to pirate, so everything my Facebook says is Pirate, and then I tend to say "Mate," and "Aye" and "Bloody Hell" a lot lately...although that's probably this guys fault: 


The second half of the year has been just as great as the first, but let's not get all sentimental yet (Hahahaha Once joke right there), since there will be plenty of time for that tomorrow! 

Here's today's Disney History: 1980: The longest-running series in Prime-time television history, The Wonderful World of Disney, is canceled (on NBC) after more than 25 years on the air. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment