Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 359: Merry Christmas!

So maybe it's not really Christmas when I'm writing this, but in fact half a week after Christmas. That's alright though, I suppose. It's never really too late to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Plus, it's not yet the new year, so really we're still in the spirit of the season. Christmas Commercials are still on TV, Christmas movies still on Netflix, Christmas Trees and lights still up in and on houses, Christmas Songs still being played here and there. Yeah, it still counts.

But let's take a minute to reflect on what was most certainly my favorite part of Christmas this year: The Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade. It was a couple days before Christmas when I found out that Neil Patrick Harris was Co-Hosting this year, although I knew earlier this month that he was filming for it. But when I did find that out, I knew that it was sure to be a great parade. I mean, it started out with this music number, after all:


Yeah, I still have that song stuck in my head. And I seriously loved how the entire time it was like Neil vs. Darth Vader: who really does need to turn his Dark Side into a Disney Side. ;)

Plus, who wasn't freaking out when Demi Lovato Sang "Let it Go?" I know I was. Once I got over Neil at the beginning that was. I mean, the whole talking to Walt thing. That was amazing. 

Neil....PLEASE COME BACK NEXT YEAR. Like seriously. I'll just be here singing along with this song...since I have it playing as I write this. And I know all the words. Pretty sure it's my new favorite Christmas song. 

And boy I can't wait for the day that I work at Disney and can see this live. I'm excited already. 

Here's today's Disney History: 1983: Walt Disney World's Very Merry Christmas Parade is broadcast live from the Magic Kingdom for the very first time. The 90-minute telecast is hosted by Joan Lunden and popular talk show host Mike Douglas. 

Have a magical day and I hope you had a very merry Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment