Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 337: My Disney Collection V6

I actually intended for this to be a bit earlier than right now, but that's alright, it just means that we're going to have two Disney Collection posts close together. Perfectly fine by me, other than the fact that these really do take a while to create since I have to go take pictures and everything.

Previously we've looked at tons of portions of my collection, from what's on my walls to my Spaceship Earth Series of Merchandise. But now, let's take a look at the Disney that happens to make its way OUT of my house! Yes, like any good Disney fan, I have a closet filled with Disney (although a lot of it is more Disney inspired than anything else...I love Disneybounding, after all!) It's actually somewhat funny because, up until about a year ago, I really had NO Disney in my closet at all. I didn't have one Disney Sweatshirt or t-shirt. Nope. Nothing. But that all changed pretty quickly, and now I've got all of these, plus a few others put away in storage because I keep moving back and forth between home and college so not all my clothing is out.


No one's Disney closet can be complete without the customary Mickey Mouse Shirts, and I actually have two of them. The one on the left I got last November from somewhere in Downtown Disney, and the Mickey Mouse Club shirt I got from Old Navy on sale this past fall. I can't say I wear them all the time, but the right one does come to college with me, and I wear it often enough. They are pretty adorable, after all. 


This shirt I got at Target a few months ago on sale as well. I felt that a Lion King Shirt was necessary for my closet as well. I mean, it's a pretty adorable shirt. Along with the Mickey Mouse Club shirt, this one takes its place in my college closet. 


This shirt kind of has a story to it. A number of months ago (ok, like half a year ago at least), I saw this shirt for the first time on Pinterest I believe, and I was like "I NEED THIS SHIRT." So I put it in the back of my mind to think about for the next time I went to Disney. A few months later I was on Instagram when one of my favorite actors posted a picture of him wearing this shirt at Epcot. So once again it was in the forefront of my mind. A month later I went to Epcot and found the shirt myself...so now I wear it all the time. 


It's been over a year since Epcot's 30th Anniversary, but last Christmas I got a ton of merch from it. When I went in November my parents happened to grab this shirt for me, and I have to say that it's one of my favorites. I wear it all the time, both here at home and at college!


Also in my basket last November was this Sweatshirt, which I totally adore. In 2011 I went to Disney World with my FBLA Chapter for the National FBLA Conference. While there I played Angry Birds just about every day with my Adviser's son, so when I saw this I knew that I had to have it. This is also probably where my love affair with Donald started...as he's now probably my favorite Classic Disney Character, next to Mickey of course! 


Of all my Disney in my entire closet, this is the one that comes out the most. I wear my Epcot Sweatshirt all the time. I've worn it in High School, at Disney World, at College, at home, to the store, and just about everywhere in between. It's my absolute favorite piece of clothing, other than my red leather jacket of course. Plus, it's essential to one of my favorite Disneybound's, my Epcot Disneybound! 


And of course, I couldn't finish this post without a look at my Magical Ribbons, a collection which recently just about tripled. Yes, my order came in last week, and I love each and every one of them. My favorites include the Park Map bows, the World Showcase Bow that matches my Epcot Sweatshirt, my "Magic is Coming" Once Upon a Time bow, and my Spaceship Earth bow, but seriously, I love them all. Can't wait to wear them to the parks with new Disneybounds! 

There are a couple of shirts not pictured here too, such as my actual Spaceship Earth T-Shirt and my American Adventure T-Shirt, both of which I got for Christmas Last year. I don't wear them quite as much at the moment because, like I said, I'm going back and forth between home and college, and I have way too many t-shirts to be honest. 

Doesn't mean I won't be getting any new Disney shirts come my next vacation though. 

In the next Disney Collection post we'll be taking a look at what Christmas looks like around my house, Disney Style! I have no clue what's gonna go on after that, but I guess we'll find out! New Year and all! 

Here's today's Disney History: 1999: Disney Legend Joe Fowler (a retired U.S. Navy Admiral) passes away at age 99 in Orlando, Florida. Retired from Disney since 1978, Fowler oversaw construction of both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. The dock for the two large ships in Disneyland's Rivers of America, located across from The Haunted Mansion is named Fowler's Harbor. In 1999, one of the ferries that crosses the Seven Seas Lagoon taking guests from the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom was renamed Admiral Joe Fowler in his honor (it was originally known as the Magic Kingdom). 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on December 30 due to time restrictions).



No comments:

Post a Comment