Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 345: Christmas at Walt Disney World

I talk about it all the time, how I miss Walt Disney World and so on and so forth, but honestly I'm pretty sure there isn't a time that I miss it more than when I'm not there at Christmas. My family tends to travel to WDW at the same time of year, every year, occasionally alternating between the months of November and January (along with December every so often). So this means that I head to Disney during the Christmas season A LOT. Recently though, it's been less of a Christmas thing. I mean, this past summer I was there in June, and I'll be going in March (for the first time), and again in June...none of which are times for the Christmas trees to be up for for the special holiday tag on Illuminations to be playing.

Yeah, I missed the addition of Disney this Christmas. In fact, it hardly felt like a real Christmas WITHOUT being at Disney for at least Thanksgiving. But I tried to make the best of it. I guess it's just hard to get in the Christmas mood without my Disney Christmas. So here's a few things I did to get into the Christmas mood...Disney Style.

Watch Disney Christmas Movies

Well, there are plenty to choose from, after all. There's Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, and the Twice Upon a Christmas. The Disney Christmas Carol, The Christmas Carol from a few years ago, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and of course, The Santa Clause movies. Plus there's all those TV shows that are Christmas Specials that feature Walt Disney World. I've got one saved on my satellite from like a year or two ago...not that I watched it this year, but still, it's there!

 Disney Christmas Music

It may seem somewhat strange, but I actually have several various Christmas CD's specifically from Disney. Some of them are just like general Christmas music, sometimes with Characters singing and sometimes not. There's also the Candlelight Processional CD, which is always a good thing to listen to when you're missing Epcot at Christmas.

Other Christmas Music

Honestly it was kind of difficult to come up with a title for this one because the real title should be "Listen to the Christmas Music that they use around Walt Disney World, specifically at the Osborne Lights because it reminds you of Disney." Yeah, much too long of a title, but it's true. I find that my favorite Christmas songs are the ones that you hear constantly there. So, for example, Feliz Navidad, Carol of the Bells, Sleigh Ride and Christmas is starting now are all on my popular playlist for Christmas.

Watch Video

It seems this list is made up of music and video, but oh well. The last time I was at Disney for Christmas was actually only a year ago, and I have plenty of video from that trip, including a ton from the Osborne Lights and of the Illuminations Holiday Tag, along with Holiday Wishes of course. So I've got plenty of video I can watch whenever I need a but of a Disney Christmas Fix.

And that's what I did this holiday season to bring a little bit of the Magic of Disney World at Christmas Time into my everyday Christmas Life. Works well for me. Yay for Christmas!

Here's today's Disney History: 1992: Walt Disney Pictures releases The Muppet Christmas Carol - the fourth feature film to star The Muppets, the first distributed by Disney, and the first produced after the death of Muppets creator Jim Henson. The film is directed by Henson's son, Brian, and stars Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on December 29 due to finals week).

No comments:

Post a Comment